Ladies, say you had a husband/boyfriend that passed away....

Daps
....who you truly loved. Marriage/relationship was good and all of that; you never cheated (or hell, let's even say you might have cheated to make it interesting), and it lasted for years....

How long you think would be an appropriate time before you let another nikka get up in them guts? How long would it be before you went in public with another nikka?

Would it be solely based on however how felt, or do you think there's a certain time period you should wait for, regardless?

Made this thread after seeing another one about Steve Jobs' widow dating someone else, almost 2 years after his death

Personally, I think if you had a long, serious relationship with a dude yet you can't keep them legs closed for a year after his death out of respect.......you's a ho :yeshrug:

And before y'all ask....yes, I'd do the same and go without p*ssy for a year for wifey :ufdup:

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Look, you only live once, playa. shyt happens, people die everyday. If you're going to wait a year to have sex out of some misdirected sense of honor then do you, I don't see anything wrong with it. People spend way too much time telling other people how to live, Different strokes :manny:

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
It would take me a long time. I wear my heart on my sleeve. I can't really give a time frame for neither. And out of respect I think there should be some sort of time frame that people have.

www.THUG.com

Trick Love Da Kids!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D.C.
I was in this situation. When my ex passed, I was depressed like shyt. Cried myself to sleep, lost weight, and was withdrawn. Then I said, fukk this, I gotta move on. It took about 2 maybe 3 years for me to start going out and dating again. I still think about him and what would have been. That was my heart. The only man I said I LOVE YOU to :wow:

Daps
Look, you only live once, playa. shyt happens, people die everyday. If you're going to wait a year to have sex out of some misdirected sense of honor then do you, I don't see anything wrong with it. People spend way too much time telling other people how to live, Different strokes :manny:

Not tryna tell anyone how to live; just trying to see the different responses and the reasoning for them

Nymeria

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Dorne.
If the love of my life died suddenly, I'd most likely shut down for good.

sanityovar8ted

OG Moma Coli....dat bytch Thowd!!!
Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
it would prolly be a few years for me, id still be in mourning for a very long time, everything would remind me of him id be sick. i think it would be a sick and twisted man who would push up on me after my husbands death.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
it would prolly be a few years for me, id still be in mourning for a very long time, everything would remind me of him id be sick. i think it would be a sick and twisted man who would push up on me after my husbands death.

So basically 99% of dudes out there?

Here's an inner workings of a mans mind, your husband dying just means you're vulnerable and you need a shoulder to cry on :shaq:

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps

He isn't talking about some random person who dies. Not even talking about a relative. It's someone that you pledged yourself to or decided that you favored them highly over every other person on earth. It's not just some fleeting relationship but a person that you know you want to spend every waking moment with and can't see it any other way.

Most people have a hard time leaving their significant other for a few hours.

Token

Concerned Aunt
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Front Porch
You can't really put a time frame on something like that. Some people just don't need years to get over someone.

But me personally? I'm too sensitive. I'd probably be on suicide watch for at least 8 months :skip: and in some therapists chair for who knows how long. Straight Monk status.

sanityovar8ted

OG Moma Coli....dat bytch Thowd!!!
Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
So basically 99% of dudes out there?

Here's an inner workings of a mans mind, your husband dying just means you're vulnerable and you need a shoulder to cry on :shaq:
i would be disgusted if a nikka tried to comfort me, thats one of those things where the friendzone people would shine if anything cuz you supposed to follow the womans lead. i can dig men thinking im vulnerable but that would be really weird and freaky just thinking about it.