Ladies how would you feel if your man told you he wasn't initially attracted to you....

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
She was mad as fukk. Talkin about then go mess with the "badder bytches" I was honestly tryna mess with one of her friends but she was good looking/good girl and an a-1 personality to match with my goofy ass. She always brought it up in the relationship though.

Ima arrogant nikka so I like to talk shyt to females especially when they think theyre bad.
:bryan:
:ufdup:

Aphrodite

The Black Venus
Daps
I wouldn't be offended. Actually in my situation, it kinda happens. Well physically I'm their type but the other aspect its new/different.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
I'd be hurt/insecure and curious to why he approached me in the first place.

I'd want to know why he stayed.

Those are the initial emotions. Maybe after some thought I could see it as more personality/attributes shined through and he isn't shallow but there would always be that question insecurity he will leave for someone he found more attractive especially if I'm really attracted to him :yeshrug:

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
I would find it refreshing. I don't trust it when guys hit on me based off looks anyway, it's shallow, temporary and not a basis you can count on.

But if he said that my personality or something about me got under his skin without his permission :takedat:

Daps
personally, i would be offended. and if my man really knew and understood me he would know to keep this comment to himself, even if it was coming from an honest place.

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
I'd want to know why he got with me in the first place if he wasn't attracted to me. Was it because he thought I was "convenient"? Was he attracted to my personality? idk, I don't think the relationship would last much longer after that because I'd always have that in the back of my mind.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Funny how this is one of those threads that shows the differences between men and women when it comes to processing emotions.

Women tend to say things like this often, it doesn't even have to be "I settled for him" those situation but dude could legitimately not be your "type" but impress you in other areas that make you want to give him a shot. And this is seen as a positive.

But let a man make similar sentiments and some women would straight lose their shyt

VFib

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Me, myself and I
I would be hurt and that comment would stick with me to be honest. I'd feel like he settled for me and would wonder if he'd leave once the one he truly wanted came along. This would really hurt me, can't even lie.

I would also question why he felt the need to tell me. That just sounds suspect.
I've dated guys I thought were butt ugly when I first met them. I never told them, though. :francis:

Daps
Funny how this is one of those threads that shows the differences between men and women when it comes to processing emotions.

Women tend to say things like this often, it doesn't even have to be "I settled for him" those situation but dude could legitimately not be your "type" but impress you in other areas that make you want to give him a shot. And this is seen as a positive.

But let a man make similar sentiments and some women would straight lose their shyt
sorry i've never ever said that to someone ior about someone i was dating. its rude and pointless. and people who say stuff like this to their S/O's are jerks.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is so crazy to read, any man with any common sense should know this.

But its ironic how different for men and women this is.

Men get told all the time "I didn't like him at 1st" be it for looks or something else and they :manny: "You love me know tho" :jawalrus::shaq:

You tell a woman you didn't like them at 1st and its like:usure::martin::beli::jbhmm:

:francis:

:hubie: