Ladies Fathers Day is fast approaching!

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
If men like flowers, lockets, bracelets, chocolates, potpourri, kitchen utensils, and candles as much as women do, they'd have much more to market for them and it would be a more prevalent holiday. You say it gets hype but any time you see something about Mother's Day, they're trying to sell you something. The hype is in the money. Outside of that, both holidays are treated the same. They're called Hallmark Holidays for a reason
Sporting apparel,lawn mowers,ties,suits etc....Fathers Day has $$ in it too,it just doesn't get the hype.There may be a market for women because obviously y'all are main consumers but both days make most $$.I worked retail so I seen the marketing in both days.To sum it up maybe Chris Rock was right when he said all dads get is big piece of chicken :heh:

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
Sporting apparel,lawn mowers,ties,suits etc....Fathers Day has $$ in it too,it just doesn't get the hype.There may be a market for women because obviously y'all are main consumers but both days make most $$.I worked retail so I seen the marketing in both days.To sum it up maybe Chris Rock was right when he said all dads get is big piece of chicken :heh:

In a Sears or Walmart commercial, they'll show appliances and sporting apparel and electrical razors. I'll see a Men's Warehouse commercial for suits. Maybe a Footlocker ad. For women, there's literally a hundred more things that they're trying to get you to buy. I'll see a Steve Madden commercial, followed by Aerosoles then a Sketchers ad, then JCPenney telling you to 'splurge for the big day' , 20 shoe store ads, lingerie, makeup, jewelry, etc etc. And the shyt is, it is literally no different than advertisements any other time of the year. Most consumer ads are geared towards women in general because we make the most purchases.

The only difference is that for Mother's Day, the marketing companies just take it and flip it and tell you to buy this because this is where the women in your life usually buy. And since they're talking to you and not us, you'll notice it more.

Like I said, the hype is in the money.

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
In a Sears or Walmart commercial, they'll show appliances and sporting apparel and electrical razors. I'll see a Men's Warehouse commercial for suits. Maybe a Footlocker ad. For women, there's literally a hundred more things that they're trying to get you to buy. I'll see a Steve Madden commercial, followed by Aerosoles then a Sketchers ad, then JCPenney telling you to 'splurge for the big day' , 20 shoe store ads, lingerie, makeup, jewelry, etc etc. And the shyt is, it is literally no different than advertisements any other time of the year. Most consumer ads are geared towards women in general because we make the most purchases.

The only difference is that for Mother's Day, the marketing companies just take it and flip it and tell you to buy this because this is where the women in your life usually buy. And since they're talking to you and not us, you'll notice it more.

Like I said, the hype is in the money.
:ohhh: never thought of it like that,great breakdown.You ever work in retail?

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Imma go to the water tower downtown and get him something Purdue related since he went there

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
I gave my wife and kids the :ufdup:Public Service Announcement if they're going to just buy me bullshyt like a damn tie or socks all the time. The intent is nice at first but staying on that tip year after year...:francis:

Big Daddy likes a little more effort than that. I don't half-ass it when it comes to Mothers Day.:manny:
A nice bottle of cologne or some fly ass cufflinks is a nice change up.

My friend's wife and kids last year got him a damn coffee cup. Breh don't even drink coffee :birdman:

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
I gave my wife and kids the :ufdup:Public Service Announcement if they're going to just buy me bullshyt like a damn tie or socks all the time. The intent is nice at first but staying on that tip year after year...:francis:

Big Daddy likes a little more effort than that. I don't half-ass it when it comes to Mothers Day.:manny:
A nice bottle of cologne or some fly ass cufflinks is a nice change up.

My friend's wife and kids last year got him a damn coffee cup. Breh don't even drink coffee :birdman:
That's what up my bruh :salute: let the wife and kids know.They ought to be feeding you grapes and serving you like a king.You should get gifts like Christmas after all providing you do.Throw them socks in trash :russ:

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
That's what up my bruh :salute: let the wife and kids know.They ought to be feeding you grapes and serving you like a king.You should get gifts like Christmas after all providing you do.Throw them socks in trash :russ:
Gotta let em know, breh.:obama:
I know my wife would side eye me if I kept bringing the fukkery with her on M's Day.

Daps
My Dad doesn't live close to me so I get him something from Omaha Steaks-(not meaning to provide free advertising here)-I usually get him some nice steaks or seafood that he can grill or cook. He always likes them. I wish that he lived closer so I could do something more personal for him.

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
My Dad doesn't live close to me so I get him something from Omaha Steaks-(not meaning to provide free advertising here)-I usually get him some nice steaks or seafood that he can grill or cook. He always likes them. I wish that he lived closer so I could do something more personal for him.
Nothing much wrong with Free Advertising :obama: I love steak myself,outside of clothes,$ food is a nice gift for any man.Your a good daughter if you do all that for your pops :salute: