LADIES: Do you ever act standoffish to a person that you are interested in?

Daps
I remember one day I was going to visit family out of town. So before we all left I was walking out the house to go to the store, at the same time, my cousin came in with a couple of her friends from outta town. So, I'm cordial to them as I let them in but the vibe I got was like one of the chicks gave me the cold shoulder...

So fast forward...we get to this family gathering and my sister tells me that the chick who gave me the cold shoulder is on my top...
:leon:

So, I'm surprised like...:mindblown: really?, she damn near walked by me without acknowledging me when I let her in the house...the chick was alright, but she wasn't really my type so I wasn't even thinking about it...

So, later on my sister comes back and says..."It would be nice if you talked to her cause she really likes you...she keeps talking about you."
:ohhh:

So I go over and we kicked it or whatever but...I keep thinking...for a chick that liked me so much...she gave a completely different first impression. Im not oblivious to signals :shaq: but she really threw me off.

Then I got to thinking about other experiences when I was told after the fact that a chick liked me so I was wondering how common it is for a chick to act disinterested when she is really interested.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Sometimes women choose you with a glance and a smile. Other times they choose you by glancing at you when you dont notice, and then ignoring you. You just have to break the ice and say hello. Their reaction after that will tell you everything. Ive had chicks IGNORE the shyt out of me then i say hello and its like all of a sudden a personality comes out.

Ooh Marty

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere plottin
Never,

it is stupid to do so....I hate a game player/playin games.

If I'm interested in you, I'd let you know in more ways than one :yes:

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
When I was in college..there was a young woman who worked in the library around my age. She use to be standoffish to me for 2 years. It was to the point when I brought other women to the library she would be giving dirty looks.The women I was with use to be like "Whats her problem?". So one ol grl who worked in the library comes up to me and says "what happen to you and the other girlI dont see her with you anymore" etc....and before I know it she gives me her # :leon: and the heavy flirtation began.She was really into me. I asked her one day why she gave me the wack attitude all the years. She told me "Thats a defense mechanism,im a totally different person outside of work"... had me like :krs: Usually the women who you dont get along with or always smiling in your faces be the ones feelin you :manny:

innocentdevil

:whoo:
Daps
Reppin
Cali
:no: If I like the guy he should know it by me saying it along with the obvious signals I'm putting out.

I think girls that do that don't know how to flirt with a guy, and they watch too many romance movies where the girl treats the guy that she likes like crap, but they end up being together at the end. Ol "if he can't take her at her worse then he doesn't deserve her at her best" women.

Black Beauty

The Doctor is IN....
Daps
Reppin
DMV
No I don't play games with men like that. I like a man who shows interest if he is interested. he needs to know what he wants...

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I mean some people are shy like that, sometimes its not the cold shoulder but more or less nervousness and not letting your guard down in a way. Some hoes really just do be playing games but I think its easy to spot which is the case. :ehh: