L.A.'s Underground Community Driven Jazz Movement

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
To add to this , it wasn't even for for him on this album because he had jasongs with westcoast jazz leanings way back on the Kendrick Lamar Ep and Overely Dedicated era. He wasn't even the only one from California with this style. either because Dom Kennedy did too.
yeah, even if you limit the convo to it being about blog era rappers. He wasnt the only one. Dom did it to as you pointed out

plus even on his own team(TDE) he wasnt the only one doing this, as others did jazz tracks to

really the whole jazz presence can be summed up as just something TDE in general has always meddled in. as they have had this for a while.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When I think west coast I think funk. I dunno much about California culture but I feel like their jazz would be slightly different based on demographics and atmosphere

Plus jazzy hip hop originated from NYC/east coast? we got the best/history. I’m guessing LA artists was inspired by NYC

But yea if y’all are into jazzy hip hop listen to old DELA Jazz Liberators albums some of my favorites to this day

But I don’t think jazz has any region/or boundaries it’s the same everywhere

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
I wish the DMV would have a Nu Jazz movement going on, especially since we have a long history with Jazz. The closest we got right now that I can think of is Masego but he’s from Norfolk I believe.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Terrace martin needs to be talked about more in terms of production
smooth jazz influenced too:ehh:

I can't think of any East Coast hiphop that sampled smooth jazz:patrice:
i fukkin love this song, mainly for its production and its space in the album.:wow:

and smooth Jazz might be my favorite version of Jazz next to funk influenced jazz or jazz with funk elements to it.

Supper

All Star
Daps