Kotaku Writer Writes about Black Characterization in Games; Comment Section Reacts as Expected.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
You say that shyt until you go running to Lucia though huh

IndolentGlossyCrow-max-1mb.gif

Lucia and whomever else third stringer I use will do you in.

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
Now he black?….he doesn’t strike me as ADOS/FBA:francis:
He isn't. Leroy Smith is, however. Most black characters in Tekken run the gamut of different backgrounds. This series probably handles that better than any other game, tbh.

:stopitslime: He's always been black. Ya'll new age nikkas thinking ADOS is the end all, be all of blackness need to go ADIOS with that shyt. Like black folks need another divider and shyt. :comeon:
There's not a end all be all mantra to it, but the distinction is necessary. Same color, different conditions, cultures, etc.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
He isn't. Leroy Smith is, however. Most black characters in Tekken run the gamut of different backgrounds. This series probably handles that better than any other game, tbh.

There's not a end all be all mantra to it, but the distinction is necessary. Same color, different conditions, cultures, etc.

Yeah, different culture and nationalities, but still black. To think of it any different is just silly and pretentious.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
San andreas exposed a lot of online dudes. All the bytching about culture and shyt and how they werent gonna play it, and now they try to use it as some sort of example of black characters done right in video games. Some of these fukkers make my head hurt
Breh, I remember when the game was first announced and white people online were throwing a fit because of a black lead on the IGN boards and other places.

Now they act like liking GTA San Andreas means they aren't racist and shyt. Its crazy the revisionism that they come up with.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, different culture and nationalities, but still black. To think of it any different is just silly and pretentious.
Not really, but I'll let you cook. Black ppl aren't a monolith, nor is any one black person "fully modular" for another black person.
Yeah, we're not a monolith. That part is true. And of course no one is fully modular for another. That goes without saying really.

I don’t think y’all are actually disagreeing :mjlol:

IShotTheSheriff

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
if you read comment sections from p*ssy ass passive aggressive racists online that's on you. you empower them by letting them affect your psyche.

they like shyt to flies when it's Black anything online. see them in person they eyes down and they mute. this is why they feel empowered in anonymity. they are rarely willing to say that shyt with true identities.
Everything this man said

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
As a white dude, I do not understand these Kotaku comments stating that there's enough black representation in video games. Only games I've ever played as a black protagonist was the TWD Telltale Game, GTA V, and Spider-Man: MM. Seems overtly dismissive.

Probably the last time I'll ever read Kotaku comments.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
As a white dude, I do not understand these Kotaku comments stating that there's enough black representation in video games. Only games I've ever played as a black protagonist was the TWD Telltale Game, GTA V, and Spider-Man: MM. Seems overtly dismissive.

Probably the last time I'll ever read Kotaku comments.

Damn, i didn’t know there were really white dudes on here :ohhh:

Idc but its funny cause everyone gets called cacs on here :lolbron:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Damn, i didn’t know there were really white dudes on here :ohhh:

Idc but its funny cause everyone gets called cacs on here :lolbron:
Yeah man, been posting on SOHH/Coli since I was 14. I'm 29 now. Never hid it. I remember one time I posted a picture of my hand holding the steelbook for Infinity War and someone told me I needed to send him the digital code or he'd expose me for being white. Search my post history brother, not a single n-word :hubie:

My theory is there's a good amount of other white dudes on here just pretending to be black. Thread for another day.:yeshrug: