Kotaku Writer Writes about Black Characterization in Games; Comment Section Reacts as Expected.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Counterpoint: List of black video game characters - Wikipedia

There are plenty of Black video game characters and more appearing at a faster rate than ever before. I’m honestly a little tired of the cries for Black representation when every streaming service has a specific section dedicated to “Black voices” and there are Blacks Only award shows and Black people dominate the music and sports landscapes. Look, if you can’t find representation in 2021 then it’s because you are actively avoiding it. Do we still have room to grow? Of course, but at this point the constant beating of this particular drum is getting old.
cac really said the black voices section on Netflix is enough representation
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
Eddy_Gordo_%28T7%29.png

This is the first Black video game character I seen as a child because Tekken was my first game. Let me tell you that X-O-X-O-X-O-XO-X-O made my childhood entertaining. :wow:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
if you read comment sections from p*ssy ass passive aggressive racists online that's on you. you empower them by letting them affect your psyche.

they like shyt to flies when it's Black anything online. see them in person they eyes down and they mute. this is why they feel empowered in anonymity. they are rarely willing to say that shyt with true identities.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
if you read comment sections from p*ssy ass passive aggressive racists online that's on you. you empower them by letting them affect your psyche.

they like shyt to flies when it's Black anything online. see them in person they eyes down and they mute. this is why they feel empowered in anonymity. they are rarely willing to say that shyt with true identities.

Church

parallax

Superstar
Daps
It's crazy that as soon as some folks see a person of color as a lead character, no matter how great the game is, it's automatically trash.
I've been peeping a lot of this shyt lately.

San andreas exposed a lot of online dudes. All the bytching about culture and shyt and how they werent gonna play it, and now they try to use it as some sort of example of black characters done right in video games. Some of these fukkers make my head hurt