RehReh

đź–¤GhettoEmpressđź–¤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Yep

Caught my 8 year old daughter skipping school lunches because she is into everything K-pop and doesn't want any belly fat.

She does gymnastics too so literally is a twig
I had to have a talk with her dad and then a talk with her about how she really sees herself and the importance of being healthy
Was actually scary for me because yh the dancing and singing in Korean is cute, however now it's affecting her self image a little bit.

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
The sheer amount of suĂŻcides,body dismorphia , amount of plastic surgeries in that country is unrivaled,even by American standards. A hard society to grow up in. Appearance is everything, accomplishment is the yard stick by which quality of life is measured. I had a Korean co worker that I took a liking to and we spoke on Korean society often,the pressure placed on young people is insane. Psychiatrists,therapists,PT's and plastic surgeons are raking it in with all the depression,eating disorders and body issues, a sad state of affairs.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Caught my 8 year old daughter skipping school lunches because she is into everything K-pop and doesn't want any belly fat.
:mjlol:Besides the not eating part, I think it's great that a black girl will grow up to be a black woman who isn't fat.
We need to implement that over here.
:mjlol:First thing I thought of!