Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

kentacreek

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I loved the NBA most during Kobe's prime. I couldn't stand Kobe because I was a Kings fan but I still always admired his ability and the way he played the game. He was the last of his kind to enter the league... to me the NBA has sucked since he left.

My best friend is a massive Kobe Bryant fan. We watched together on my TV live both the night Kobe scored 81 and also the night he scored 60 in his final game. Those are memories I'll never forget.

My heart goes out to you Kobe fans who are hurting right now. I can't even imagine what his family is going through... just devastating news. No one deserves what Vanessa is feeling at this moment.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I truly don't believe this shyt man, as a long time Kobe stan I had to show my respects to the one and only. Sometimes simply known as "the gawd". There are many on this site who have spent years being supporters and protecting the legacy. This one will be tough on us all to get through. Time to support each other today:mjcry:

CP3.

Mr Solo Dolo
Daps
This is one of those ones where you just don't know how to take it in. Kobe was so iconic that you just felt he would be here forever.

RIP to him, his young daughter(s?) and anyone else on board.

fukk helicopters man.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
He is exactly who kept me into basketball after MJ started his retirement tour. Him and MJ in that all star game was a bigger highlight to me than Pedro facing off against McGwire and Sosa in the MLB version. I know endorsements are irrelevant at a time like this, but Kobe as a spokesman for Sprite had me drinking the shyt out of that beverage.

Even in the tail end of his career I still saw him as that fresh young player.

His final game with him helicoptering out of Staples Center after the "Mamba Out" speech will have even more poignancy (and some eeriness) now.