Knives Out Thread (Wake Up Dead Man: Knives Out 3 coming in 2025)

Conz

Superstar
Daps
this movie was so much better on paper. the Last Jedi discourse turned it into one of the most overrated movies of the decade.i should be happy that an "original" movie is getting a huge Hollywood push, but there are more circumstances surrounding it. Rian Johnson has become someone to "root" for b/c internet incels aimed their LARP swords at him

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
this movie was so much better on paper. the Last Jedi discourse turned it into one of the most overrated movies of the decade.i should be happy that an "original" movie is getting a huge Hollywood push, but there are more circumstances surrounding it. Rian Johnson has become someone to "root" for b/c internet incels aimed their LARP swords at him
Dude do you like anything that’s not a comic book flick or a big franchise lol. Real question. Not even trying to be an ass even tho I know it sounds that way.

What do you like that I can’t buy a toy of?

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Dude do you like anything that’s not a comic book flick or a big franchise lol. Real question. Not even trying to be an ass even tho I know it sounds that way.

What do you like that I can’t buy a toy of?
man, i don't evenknow.

I'm definitely a MCU fanboy, and will make excuses for them for life, but i can't think of other shyt right now. I tend to only comment on shyt i think is bad/overrated b/c i genuinely have nothing to say about things i like. I like plenty, i just don't discuss it unless i see someone talking reckless about it. shyt i don't like drives conversation a lot more than shyt i do...

All I've watched in the past few months is British comedy and i've read a bunch of screenplays of upcoming movies. I stan for Edgar Wright (except overrated ass Baby Driver)

I can't remember the last time i watched a movie and didn't think it was Knives Out levels of 2.5/5 meh, "that was fine."

I just checked my letterboxd 2021 watchlist. Out of the 36 movies I've watched this year, the 5 highest scores are:
Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Ocean's 11, Spirited Away, In and Of Itself.

but anyway, Knives Out was overrated as a motherfukker. Great cast, a seemingly fun premise, and then, it was just kinda ok. And Rian Johnson himself is overrated too btw. Brick was a cool movie. Looper was a cool concept. Last Jedi was ok, but was essentially just a movie that threw out the one that came before it for no reason. I don't think I've seen all of Brothers Bloom.

Genuinely don't think the Knives Out love would live on without the Last Jedi discourse. Internet discourse drives a lot of movie narratives these days. Ghostbusters was a flaming pile of diarrhea, but people will stay pretend they liked it b/c of the "controversey" surrounding it. Oceans 8 sucked donkey balls, but no one is gonna say that b/c who wants to sound like a Trumper who's never gotten laid?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
man, i don't evenknow.

I'm definitely a MCU fanboy, and will make excuses for them for life, but i can't think of other shyt right now. I tend to only comment on shyt i think is bad/overrated b/c i genuinely have nothing to say about things i like. I like plenty, i just don't discuss it unless i see someone talking reckless about it. shyt i don't like drives conversation a lot more than shyt i do...

All I've watched in the past few months is British comedy and i've read a bunch of screenplays of upcoming movies. I stan for Edgar Wright (except overrated ass Baby Driver)

I can't remember the last time i watched a movie and didn't think it was Knives Out levels of 2.5/5 meh, "that was fine."

I just checked my letterboxd 2021 watchlist. Out of the 36 movies I've watched this year, the 5 highest scores are:
Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Ocean's 11, Spirited Away, In and Of Itself.

but anyway, Knives Out was overrated as a motherfukker. Great cast, a seemingly fun premise, and then, it was just kinda ok. And Rian Johnson himself is overrated too btw. Brick was a cool movie. Looper was a cool concept. Last Jedi was ok, but was essentially just a movie that threw out the one that came before it for no reason. I don't think I've seen all of Brothers Bloom.
:ehh:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug: my "like" posts go unnoticed b/c they're fukkin boring... except MCU. You'll probably find me sucking some MCU cock in every thread (save the end of Wandavision and maybe Cap Marvel. i still liked both though)

Conz

Superstar
Daps
for the record, the Snyder Cut love is also internet narrative driven bullshyt. that was another 2.5. better than the shyt Whedon cut, but still a mess. People gushing over it are full of shyt. ... but I'm also an admitted Marvel cultist.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I finally watched this and I gotta admit I thought people were overhyping the Ana de Armas chick but she’s legit really great.

The actual mystery was pretty middle of the road. Not overly Sherlock convoluted but also not edge of your seat Dragon Tattoo.

The character work was basically it. And they were an eccentric group for the actors to play.

Im guessing that will be the draw for the sequels