Kingsnbucs1987 Digital Sculpting Thread

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
What programs you use, i want to do something like this
I use Maya for 3D modeling and ZBrush for digital sculpting.

There's a lot of different programs out there though. A couple other big ones is 3DS Max and Blender. I wanna say Blender is free, but can't remember off the top of my head.

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
Ight, thanks i want to design some charcters
If you want to do character design. A good website to use for reference gathering is pinterest. People put up a ton of pics for different clothes, shoes, armor type, and other stuff.

Surprisingly, they have a lot of shyt on character modeling and sculpting if you want to look up some tutorials.

If you need some intro stuff into the programs, let me know and I'll post some videos that I saved.

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
For the people that want to get into clothing design a good program to look at is Marvelous Designer.

You take a dummy model, the program comes with 2 women and 3 men and 1 child, and you build your clothing patterns on top of it like a seamstress would.

I'm researching on this now and man the time it would save with doing certain sit like adding pockets and trimming and shyt :noah:

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
Update as of 4/17/2016

Forgot I never put up any full body shots, so here goes a couple:

jqm9w8.jpg

sxylow.jpg

sai8.jpg

ncxcgl.jpg

Started texturing the hair, shyt is way harder than I thought it was goin' to be

2qmgjt5.jpg

290ycqv.jpg

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
Whole body plus outfit took prolly 3 weeks on and off. The face and head took prolly 2 weeks cuz I'm shytty with anatomy and had to go back and fix a lot of stuff. Once I got the anatomy down, everything else sped up quick as hell.

:merchant: .................:dead::sadcam:...................................:mjcry:

That's why I've always been of the position that the art pipeline should be mainly autonomous short of agreed upon themes and other predetermined special request. :jbhmm: My position is that story borders and programmers shouldn't work with anything short of what has already come out of the art pipeline.:stopitslime: I.E. you cook with what's sold at the grocery store. you don't decide on a meal then go to the farmer and ask them to plant your food ...then wait all season for the food to sprout , be harvested, ect. :martin:

This is one reason game dev. takes so damn long.:francis: Agree on needed/useful themes then let the artist :cook: free of the rest of the dev proccess:mjcry:
You :cook: and come up with a game from whatever they bring you. :blessed: Though main characters can be made on the fly :jbhmm:

Last edited: