Kinda Funny: "Xbox Has Never Had A GOTY"

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see this argument made a lot, but the reality is we can make this argument for a lot of games that are nominated.

For example, who the hell is playing a game like Hades - that won GOTY from various platforms a year ago. Its only a certain type of gamer thats going to appreciate a game like that. I remember back in the day, games like Journey won GOTY too. Not saying these are bad games, but these are games that are only popular to a certain type of gamer.

And I think that's the thing here, its not about the target audience of these games, because a lot of these racing and fighting games are far more popular and get played more than the niche indie experiences that get nominated every year. Instead, its the show's audience that determine these nominees, not the game's audience. These shows only reflect the tastes of a specific type of gamer.

We see this same type of behavior with music award shows, where they'll ignore music that is actually being enjoyed outside for some artsy fartsy bullshyt that only snobby hipsters enjoy.

Fair enough, but using Hades as the example, it had other draws for people. A good portion of the praise it got was for the writing/characterization and voice acting. There were a lot of people that played Hades that normally don't play Roguelikes/lites that really liked it.

It had great gameplay for people who like that genre, but other facets of the game rounded out the experience.

For a racing or fighting game, if you don't like those types of games, it doesn't really offer much else to either give non fans of the genre a reason to play, or to take it to another level.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Are we talking about in the context of the game awards? They only like one type of game. Forza Horizon 5 was the highest rated game last year on average and wasn't even nominated.

Faulty argument.
last year they told us racing games don't count

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Yeah y’all nikkas definitely don’t have jobs.

How tf do y’all afford games? :patrice:

Ballin is my occupation breh.

Where I spend my time from 9-5 Monday to Friday is based on what I studied in college.

:blessed:

:mjlol:

Real talk though. I'm an accountant, official title is controller.

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem

Where I spend my time from 9-5 Monday to Friday is based on what I studied in college.

Oh ard.

That doesn’t explain the rest of you nikkas :ufdup:

The word of the day is J-O-B! Indeed.com is y’all best friend, cuz I know console wars don’t pay enough to get outta ya momma basement! :birdman:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Oh, so you a Professional Pocket Watcher, huh?

Can't believe we out here chopping it up with PPWs. :gucci:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Daps
Reppin
Oh, so you a Professional Pocket Watcher, huh?

Can't believe we out here chopping it up with PPWs. :gucci:

I'm an excel savant breh, what can I say. My staff and I keep the puters putin.

camron-music.gif

Don't be overspending, not following your budget and you won't have to hear from me.

But, if you think that corporate AMEX is a throw it in the bag card, well...

omar-the-wire.gif

On sight.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm an excel savant breh, what can I say. My staff and I keep the puters putin.

camron-music.gif

Don't be overspending, not following your budget and you won't have to hear from me.

But, if you think that corporate AMEX is a throw it in the bag card, well...

omar-the-wire.gif

On sight.

Department heads gotta be mad as shyt if they see you waiting for them in a quarterly review meeting on some

interrogate-interrogation.gif

:dead:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Daps
Reppin
Department heads gotta be mad as shyt if they see you waiting for them in a quarterly review meeting on some

interrogate-interrogation.gif

:dead:

For real though, people sometimes don't know but other times, fraudulently out of pocket. Our ceo retires end of next year. I'm going to fukking go ballistic on some departments once she's gone. Case in point, I don't know what the fukk marketing does, metrics they use, etc.. So I cut their budgets. They spend on dumb shyt but we have to wait in the cut because reasons. We are a nonprofit health care company where 66% of our patients are Medicaid patients. Why are we advertising at lacrosse events? That's well off people shyt. January 1, 2024 is a new day breh. Marked on a calendar with a bullet.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
If they fail next year with starfield :francis:
Honestly they should take as much time as they need on Starfield. It's become the flagship xbox exclusive and gamers aren't as forgiving about buggy releases as they were when skyrim dropped. This game needs to be the most polished game Bethesda has ever made or they're gonna end up with a cyberpunk situation.