Killing time in the record store leads to bad purchases

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
since this site is forcing me to have at least 15 posts to access some of its features, this thread is as good as any for me to get my post count up... never mind me, i'm just over here in the corner laughing at yaw'l...

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Or takes two seconds to make a thread name dropping some hilariously bad albums from yesteryear in the spirit of laughing at them.

When's the last time you even thought of Dangerous Dame?

Dd you even know Twin Hype had a second album? I didn't. I at least forgot.

But yeah. I could buy and sell you, twerp. Don't get it fukked up.

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
It's one of LAs best attributes IMO. Back home it basically just J&R music world that still stands and who knows how current their shelves are at this point.

fukk a MP3

It is but you can do a lot of damage money wise. Unless you are ballin like a muhfukka having a 100+ dollar a pop music shopping spree on a semi regular basis can be an expensive habit. I am happy though, I have crates and crates of records in great condition that will last longer than any hard drive or cd.

The non-hip hop section at Amoeba is fukking amazing too. Digging through some of those records youll find crazy records. Producers wet dream.

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
I had an hour to kill in amoeba in Hollywood and left the store with a gang of wack shyt I avoided back in the days.

Peep:

Dangerous Dame - I Got What You Want

Twin Hype - Double Barrel

Sir Mix A Lot - Seminar

Young Black Teenagers - Dead Enz Kidz Doin' Lifetime Bidz

MC Shan - Play It Again, Shan

I've never heard ANY if these joints.

:gag:

And fukk DJ Skribble ol apple juice chuggin ass

STEVE

MIami Beach on the check-in.
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, FL
for anyone who wants to buy hip-hop records by mail usually you can find great older albums at discogs.com for very low prices.

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Damn a lot of people from LA on the-coli. I used to live a few blocks from amoeba, right by the police station

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I cant relate to any of this

But i did once pay 23.99 for a sh1tty Daz album because one of the tracks was playin in the store and sounded kinda nice

nalej

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Seatown
I'll trade all that money I didn't have in high school for the times I copped new albums at the record any day. Some of my best memories as a youth.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
what album was it :laugh:
I-dunno-lol.jpg

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
Amoeba is by far the worst place to be 'just to check out' when you are down on Sunset. I use to go down a lot more when I only had decks and no serato to cop records then would end up leaving with hundred bucks plus of records.

They use to sell those promo records for 25 cents/50 cents/1 dollar a piece. I have so many throw away singles like Grand Daddy Souf or some obscure Eastcoast rapper (like Red cafe lol) single.

i forgot grand daddy souf existed :krs: