Kill Bill: Volume 1, Kill Bill: Volume 2

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
They're phenomenal, still.

I personally prefer to view it as one story rather than two movies. I have it as #7 on my all time movie list. I legitimately think The Bride is the best female action protagonist of all time.
TD8bNQ.gif

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
I think once you see them both it's hard to see them separate. The 2nd really does feel like the falling half of the story. All the dialog and conversations in 2 really paint a clearer picture of the whole. What's great too is that final confrontation from Bill, after all this violent revenge really just feels like two divorcees finding an understanding (albeit bloody). You can tell Bill loved her.
Yes its very layered. Its almost like an album with side a and side b. You put the heavy hitters up front and then the introspective slower shyt towards the end. Theres really only one true fight in 2. Everything else is exposition. And yea the ending scene turning into a love quarrel was a nice touch. Its a great ending.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps

i believe it

sounds 100% accurate from start to finish

Quentin obviously wanted this to be his 5 hour epic film of his catalog

Warren could've easily been Bill, i think he could've done just as great of a job as David Carradine did.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
i believe it

sounds 100% accurate from start to finish

Quentin obviously wanted this to be his 5 hour epic film of his catalog

Warren could've easily been Bill, i think he could've done just as great of a job as David Carradine did.
IF you look up interviews on if it was meant to be or not, Tarantino basically confirms it, he just doesn't mention the dinner or this guy. That he wrote one big script, Weinstein was giving him a hard time so he split it. He thinks it works as 2 movies now, maybe even better but the original script was 1. I think some of the stuff in 2 was in 1 before, like he just moved some stuff around so itd work better as 2 movies but it started as 1.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
IF you look up interviews on if it was meant to be or not, Tarantino basically confirms it, he just doesn't mention the dinner or this guy. That he wrote one big script, Weinstein was giving him a hard time so he split it. He thinks it works as 2 movies now, maybe even better but the original script was 1. I think some of the stuff in 2 was in 1 before, like he just moved some stuff around so itd work better as 2 movies but it started as 1.

I'll check out some more interviews

lol Tarantino ain’t wanna give no credit to dude for even giving him the idea to split the movie up

im reading where he even rewrote the part of Bill for David since Warren declined

yeah that sounds about right

making a 4 hour movie I would imagine is hell for the production studios because it can be a tough thing to market to audiences

spliting it up was the best move honestly