Been a minute since I watched these films/this film

Bout to rewatch

How’s it held up for you all?

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Watched the volume 1 early this morning

Classic

Maybe the fasting running Tarantino film, not one single minute drags, everything flows perfectly

The fighting scenes are so well done and I like that he switched it up in black and white at times during the fight scene.

I need to watch that film Lady Snowblood that had a huge influence on this film

Volume 2 up next now

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
I view them as 1 movie despite the differing tones

1 has the classic rza score and great action scenes. Its really all a setup for 2 but the cliff hanger that came outta nowhere and brutality of everything. The snow scene with lucy liu. And the cartoon in the middle was insane and a sick homage to anime since they doing an asian movie

2 has the dialog and the pai mei/western/south american parts that expand it. The shyt with budd the johnny cash scene, burial and escape and the pimp and the ending is just insane. Superman quote and the 5 finger technique. I love how they put the shogun assassin/liquid swords intro in there.

Overall if i really took everything into consideration, my fav tarantino flick. I dont rate them as 2 movies. Its UP THERE all time. Perfect music. Scenery. Acting. Pacing. Everything.

Last edited:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wonder if they plan to stitch them together to make a single movie.

I’d try to watch that

fukk QT for even hinting at Vol 3 knowing he wasnt gonna make it

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
I view them as 1 movie despite the differing tones

1 has the classic rza score and great action scenes. Its really all a setup for 2 but the cliff hanger that came outta nowhere and brutality of everything. The snow scene with lucy liu. And the cartoon in the middle was insane and a sick homage to anime since they doing an asian movie

2 has the dialog and the pai mei/western/south american parts that expand it. The shyt with budd the johnny cash scene, burial and escape and the pimp and the ending is just insane. Superman quote and the 5 finger technique. I love how they put the shogun assassin/liquid swords intro in there.

Overall if i really took everything into consideration, my fav tarantino flick. I dont rate them as 2 movies. Its UP THERE all time
I think once you see them both it's hard to see them separate. The 2nd really does feel like the falling half of the story. All the dialog and conversations in 2 really paint a clearer picture of the whole. What's great too is that final confrontation from Bill, after all this violent revenge really just feels like two divorcees finding an understanding (albeit bloody). You can tell Bill loved her.