Keto diet/Log

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
I did keto diet last summer and lost about 15-20 pounds within 6 weeks. It's cool but don't make it your permanent diet. Do it in cycles. I went to Dr and said I had high cholesterol. Must've been all the eggs and bacon I had for breakfast on daily basis.
You get a high cholesterol from one or all of three things, eating too much of one thing especially foods with fat soluble vitamins that stay in your system longer, consuming too many calories or being inactive/not doing enough exercise.

Look at your lifestyle because I doubt it would be the eggs since the fat in it isn't full of saturates. It's probably the bacon.

If you still want the pork go to the butcher and ask for super lean pork chops and fry it in oil that isn't saturated. Now you can still enjoy the pork:dame:

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
no knock on u keto nikkas if its working for u but with all the information thats out there to losing weight, i just cant cut my carbs out when dieting/cutting. props to yall but my mentality is if u dont need to do it then dont.

carbs are my best friend :noah:
Don't you get low body fat way faster on keto as opposed to what you're doing

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
I've been consistently keto for about 85% of the time since February when I started working out. Jersey pic is from Dec 26 at Dal/Det game. I had got on the scale in November and weighed 326. I know it went up between then and Feb when I started working out. I weighed in today at 260. Even at that weight I'm buying large shirts now. I can't remember the last time I bought a shirt that didn't start with an X. I've been lucky because I don't have any loose skin hanging like I see on other people's pics.

You don't have to drink water with your food you can drink diet sodas on keto

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
You get low body fat only one way: being in a caloric deficit every week.

Keto doesn't make that faster. Only thing is the initial water loss after depleting all the glycogen stores since you cut out carbs. You may drop 5-10 pounds in the first week on keto but that's just water. Your muscles will look flat too tho, I hate that.

Personally, I like really short keto cycles, like 2 weeks max. But I'm already pretty ripped so I don't see any real benefits in cutting out carbs like someone who is overweight and not used to eating fairly healthy.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
It depends on a few factors like:
  • How much carbs and sodium he consumes at once throughout the day giving it time to digest.
  • The amount of net carbs minus the fibre I'm sure would play a huge role in his cutting.
  • The amount of cardio to flush out excess water weight.
  • Drinking lots of water like 3-5 litres a day will flush sodium and other toxins from your system and in turn make you lose some extra water weight.

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA

Keto doesn't make that faster. Only thing is the initial water loss after depleting all the glycogen stores since you cut out carbs. You may drop 5-10 pounds in the first week on keto but that's just water. Your muscles will look flat too tho, I hate that.

Personally, I like really short keto cycles, like 2 weeks max. But I'm already pretty ripped so I don't see any real benefits in cutting out carbs like someone who is overweight and not used to eating fairly healthy.
I'm kind of skinny fat, slim with a belly, keto has brought my stomach down a lot, I feel any other diet would take forever, however this remaining portion of fat around my stomach is super stubborn, I guess flat stomach / 6pack just genetic for some people they get it easier, I could be wrong :manny:

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA

I thought Keto burns fat 24-7, so that would make it faster than a conventional diet where you have to excercise in order to burn sugar