Kenya Barris Is the Tyler Perry of the 2020’s

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Has he done anything other than interacial-race stuff? It seems like he gets going there like that’s his lane, but it seems like that’s all he can do. Oh just remembered he did Coming to America 2

I ain’t gonna hate on a dude getting his money, but I was watched You People the other night and felt like there were two different movies going on.… a zany “Meet the Parents” movie and a “Black-ish” more grounded movie and the two pieces didn’t connect. Dreyfus was acting a fool the whole movie then out of nowhere Lauren London had this serious talk with her putting her in her place. It was two different characters from two different movies talking to each other. I think he should have just gave up on the “serious” race stuff and just went all in on the fukkery. I personally feel like they should have made the movie about Eddie and Dreyfus hooking up and the kids hating.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Dude is playing tug of war between silly comedy and a more sober conversation. Sometimes he strikes that balance and sometimes he misses. But he has a lane that is for the most part his.