Kentucky Family Adopts Three Children From Sierra Leone

Daps
Reppin
NULL
article-2299512-18EFDBCE000005DC-465_634x640.jpg

:mjpls:

Three orphaned siblings from Sierra Leone have finally arrived at their new home in Kentucky, nearly four years after a U.S. couple first tried to adopt them.
Lori Pyle waited nervously at Louisville International Airport on Tuesday afternoon last week to meet her husband Francis and their three new children, Sam, 17, Betty, 14, and Fallah, 10.
The adopted siblings will join the Pyle's three young children, Malachi, Mckenna, and Mackaden, in Oldham County to bring the family to eight.

Lori Pyle was visiting an orphanage in Sierra Leone in 2009 to deliver blankets as part of a volunteer program her daughter was involved with, when she met the children.
When she was back at her hotel one night, Sam escaped the orphanage and found her. He begged her to adopt him and his siblings, revealing they had been the victims of abuse.

At first they thought it would take seven months, but it soon stretched to years. Throughout it all, the Pyle's community and church helped them to raise the thousands of dollars needed for the process.

1980sCokeFlow

Banned
Daps
They're just 3 new conversation pieces for those whites, those black kids are in for a rude awakening but they will probably just roll with the racist jokes at school and become Toms.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
I don't see why this is news, though. Also Mackaden is a really stupid name.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
They're just 3 new conversation pieces for those whites, those black kids are in for a rude awakening but they will probably just roll with the racist jokes at school and become Toms.

but all of this is somehow worse than their life in Sierra Leone.

Some of y'all try too hard.

1980sCokeFlow

Banned
Daps
but all of this is somehow worse than their life in Sierra Leone.

Some of y'all try too hard.

Well I was about to come back and edit my post adding atleast they are going to get a chance... I don't try too hard at all actually, that was the reply this thread called for.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
adopted by a family living in one of the most racist states in this country?

one of those kids is going to grow up and tell their new "parents" :ufdup:

I guess you didnt read where the entire community helped them to raise money to adopt them?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess you didnt read where the entire community helped them to raise money to adopt them?

:childplease:

and sean hannity invited ben carson to speak on his show. you really think those kids aren't going to experience hardship growing up in fukking kentucky??

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
:childplease:

and sean hannity invited ben carson to speak on his show. you really think those kids aren't going to experience hardship growing up in fukking kentucky??

There's a million black peope in the state of Kentucky, they're not gonna be the first, and the state itself is a Democratic state. Not to mention it borders Ohio, Ilinois etc. Every white person isn't a racist. :mindblown:

Yeah, it'll be different for them obviously not seeing as many black people, but that doesn mean they're gonna "experience hardship"