Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

Superstar
Daps
Off first listen I comp this whole album with Like Water For Chocolate/The Love Below/Mos Def. I do not think it'll resonate with all the casual fans who jumped on after GKMC but the message of this album and the fact that it'll reach out to millions of people is commendable on Kendricks part for his decision to make a project like this

Last edited:

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
Ok, clearly this is early, but I'm definitely getting an OutKast "funk" vibe, and you can tell 3K has influenced/played a role in his musical direction. Considering 'Kast is my GOAT group/duo, they have 2 of my top 5 albums, and 3K is one of my favorite rappers ever, it's not gonna take a rocket scientist to figure out how I'm gonna feel about this record.

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin
Ok, clearly this is early, but I'm definitely getting an OutKast "funk" vibe, and you can tell 3K has influenced/played a role in his musical direction. Considering 'Kast is my GOAT group/duo, they have 2 of my top 5 albums, and 3K is one of my favorite rappers ever, it's not gonna take a rocket scientist to figure out how I'm gonna feel about this record.

Whoooole lotta Kast on this