Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
ON THE DEAD HOMIEZ

The third verse is one of the best on the album. I love when Kendrick just snaps like that. It's like since he's rapping from a younger perspective, that allows his ego to come out more.

@Piff Perkins, is this what you've been saying for months? That Kendrick doesn't have verses like this anymore?

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
Crazy it's been 8 years as of today. I'll never forget that Kunta Vibe Sessions tour
I really wanted to go to that meet and greet. But I was in college in another state with no car
:mjcry:

I have the i from the single cover tatted on my arm. shyt saved my life. One of the greatest albums to ever be created

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Classic. Def my favorite Kendrick album but that might be my favorite Kendrick era. The live show, the loosies, the way his collaborators (Thundercat, Kamasi Washington, Terrace Martin etc) quickly released their own dope projects,...it was just a fun time. Even more fun in hindsight when you think back on some of the detractors who said he couldn't make radio hits anymore, said fans were disappointed, etc. Breh came right back with DAMN and all the narratives got deaded.