Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly | (Discussion Thread) *Stream*

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
With white singers talking about "massa take these chains off me" on it?

I think this may be a little half-baked, friend :sas2:

MV5BNzE4NzY0NzM2MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTc4MTY0MQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

:sas2:

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
fukk outta here country ass clown, more nikkaz in New Orleans listen to Kendrick then currency, boy don't getno play like that duck outta here
I posed to believe nikkas listen to a nasal voiced fakkit whose main audience is white people over a nikka thats chill and is himself and is more independent and raps about real shyt besides killing:camby:

nikkas dont fukk with no Kendrick down here stop son...just stop

Aint nothin I heard so far would put this nikka over Rick Ross, much less a drake, wayne, spitta, etc etc

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I won't call it Wack but that release is too early in his career he fukk up heavy breh had the the throne he was one album away to bridging the gap. He went too far left.

you think ? Aint it too early for this kinda talk....it hasn't been 24 hours yet

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
The album is average.

A lot of these posters in here are praising it like it's the second coming. But Tetsuo & Youth as well as 2014 Forest Hills Drive are better.

To be honest, it's kinda boring. I guess you could say it's sonically consistent, but that's not really a good thing. Nothing really stood out to me as inspiring or innovative. His attempts to be conscious seemed hollow. It's a letdown, especially after GKMC.

There are some highlights, some moments of depth, but nothing that would elevate it to classic status.

If anyone besides Kendrick had released this album, it would not get a quarter of the praise it's received.

On top of that, I think it's somewhat socially irresponsible. Kendrick is using his platform to recite meaningless platitudes and promote concepts like "respectability politics". To see that receive such acclaim in the mainstream, or for it to be promoted as the salvation of hip-hop, is disheartening.

I'm not saying the album is trash. It's just disappointing. :yeshrug:

Wait do you think GKMC is better?

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just bought it, didn't know it was dropping this soon. Gotta support the movement of non bs rappers.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
So after sitting and reading the lyrics and letting it soak in my head, this shyt is :wow:

I'm might fukk around and give this the full fledge five mics. :mjcry:

Took like 3 or 4 listens but yeah :whew:

The production, the sequencing, the mixing is on a whole 'nother level. The lyrics and the songwriting are great!!

The only knock may very well be the fukking voice at times and even that didn't take away from the album imo

Just have to say Bilal came through and crushed the buildings on this album with his vocals. :wow:

Favorite tracks:

Mortal Man (Them bridge(s) + hook(s) + that last verse + 2Pac interview = :mjcry:)
i (Spoken word acapella verse was too powerful!! Realest NEGU!!)
These Walls (That beat and that hook is so catchy :noah:...that third verse :whew:)
Complexion (A Zulu Love) (Rapsody's verse :salute:)
How Much A Dollar Cost? (The Storytelling with him and the homeless man :mjcry:)