Kendrick Lamar- The Pop Out Ken and Friends Concert in Los Angeles June 19th

Ellen Degeneres

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is the type of hyperbole around game that this board peddles in
It's not a hyperbole. Game lifted Jay Rock, KDot and Nipsey out of complete obscurity. Nipsey in particular even went on his first tour with Game, I don't remember about Jay Rock. But Jay Rock had plenty of features with The Game and one of Jay Rock's first big singles Lift Me Up had Game's style all over it + a Game cameo in the video. It's been said many times Jay Rock was the foundation of TDE. Trying to wipe away all that history is just nasty.

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Those lines in Not Like Us still sting like it dropped yesterday :dead: :ohlawd:

The crowd sang every haymaker like their lives depended on it

I'm laughing like shyt at the whole crowd reciting "What OVO for? The Other Vaginal Option? p*ssy!"

Salute Dot for a generational moment in hip hop. shyt was dope.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
It's not a hyperbole. Game lifted Jay Rock, KDot and Nipsey out of complete obscurity. Nipsey in particular even went on his first tour with Game, I don't remember about Jay Rock. But Jay Rock had plenty of features with The Game and one of Jay Rock's first big singles Lift Me Up had Game's style all over it + a Game cameo in the video. It's been said many times Jay Rock was the foundation of TDE. Trying to wipe away all that history is just nasty.
Acting like these dudes wouldn’t have made it without game is nasty. fukk Game, he’s in this position because of him

TRBM

See me, only me...
Daps
Let me be clear here...
Cause I've been doing a lot of thinking on the topic. Lol
Drake is soft. Kendrick is a backpack nikka.
Also From my extensive research, Drakes fanbase is soft emotional nikkaz
Kendricks is nerds and white kids.
But I couldn't figure out for the life of me why nikkaz is hyping all this stuff up. Why nikkaz banging that corny ass E-40 sounding song

I understand now. There's a wave apparently to hate on Drake or something.
It's like the Kevin Hart thing. When nikkaz get too big it becomes cool to hate the top guy and cheer for the under dawg.
Now All of a sudden nobody ever liked Kevin hart. Nobody liked Drake lol
Everybody has been a Kendrick fan. And loves that wack ass song.

Them nikkaz on that stage are just riding a wave, getting clout or just showing west coast unity. Standing behind one of their hometown artists.
Drake could probably get them same nikkaz to get on stage with him for a bag. Or just a bunch of random nikkaz with flags. Cause it ain't about being connected or affiliated.
It ain't that serious

Obviously I don't know Kendrick personally.
But as an artist, he is mid. And he don't seem to have a street nikka energy to me.
A picture with clout chasers aint changing that.
I don't even think he tries to portray like some gangster (edit) which is cool.
So I don't know why y'all wanna make that a thing so bad

(I'll see myself out)
Call up the breh, get you a massage, and relax my guy

Ellen Degeneres

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Acting like these dudes wouldn’t have made it without game is nasty. fukk Game, he’s in this position because of him
Yall forget the West Coast was completely dead outside of Game and legacy artists? No label gave a fukk about an LA rapper. For example Bishop Lamont was talented and under Dr. Dre, but it wasn't happening. T.I, Wayne, Jeezy and Kanye had the sound the labels wanted, not no South Central LA.

That Jay Rock single came out in 2007 when he was a nobody. Game sold 350k first week in 2006 and 230k in 2008. He was one of the biggest artists in the whole rap game putting on randoms from LA hoods and giving them a large platform. Sure, the fact is that KDot eventually had to change his name to Kendrick Lamar and Jay Rock had to sign to Tech N9ne to make it big, but I'm sure both of them acknowledge these early beginnings as very important.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Yall forget the West Coast was completely dead outside of Game and legacy artists? That Jay Rock single came out in 2007 when he was a nobody. Game sold 350k first week in 2006 and 230k in 2008. He was one of the biggest artists in the whole rap game putting on randoms from LA hoods and giving them a large platform. Sure, the fact is that KDot had to change his name to Kendrick Lamae and Jay Rock had to sign to Tech N9ne to make it big, but I'm sure both of them acknowledge these early beginnings as very important.
Lmao…ok Jayceon

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24

What does any of this have to do with how he's been moving in present day or the last decade? I haven't seen anyone trying to erase his history or contributions. It seems like you're just creating imaginary strawman arguments. The majority of people have been calling him out for all of his clown ass antics over the years shyttin' on his own legacy.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
As it's been said this battle and last night will go down as a defining moment in hip-hop. In a lot of ways its bigger than just Kendrick vs Drake. It was a battle for the soul of hip-hop and its future. Even if you're a Drake fan, know this - RAP won. Glad I got to witness this history.

Last edited: