Singles Kendrick Lamar - Not Like Us (Drake Diss)

S.W.A.G.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if Drake was to drop it’s definitely when this video drops.
Ahh i may be only one who is happy for this to end, it kinda ended perfectly. Dropping again to me comes across even weaker for drake as he actually had a good showing of himself generally. He said he was going on vacation, then said he won't respond unless facts are dropped. So his stance is "i have won and im over this now"... then he continues to drop? With the video dropping, both will have 4 songs out and 1 video out, which is fair. Man needs to leave it, rest up, accept the L and plot his career comeback...

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
xlbvw2gornzc1.jpeg
Kendrick about to win a Grammy, Oscar and Emmy for this shyt :wow:

The EGOT is near me :ahh:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
so do we think this video might be dropping today? and if so , what time would be a good time to drop ?

Hell anytime within the next two weeks would be a great time. Its already going to be number 1 across America and if he’s trying to make it the “song of the summer” and/or the official single to his album then this month would be the time.

I could see this joint having a MULTIPLE week run on top of the charts. The video would just add to the popularity

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
To offer an alternative historical precedence for what we witnessed this past weekend, some quotations from I Can Speak Until Tomorrow: Women, Oriki, and the Past in a Yoruba Town
I Could Speak Until Tomorrow

Through oriki, then, the essential attributes of all entities are affirmed, and people's connections with each other, with the spiritual universe, and with their past are kept alive and remade. In this fundamental sense, oriki are a master discourse. But they are also one that is extremely hard for outsiders to read. Hans Wolffin a seminal article (Wolff, 1962) has called oriki 'disjointed discourse'. They appear to be composed of fragments. They are labile, elliptical, allusive, and often deliberately obscure or incomplete. An oriki chant is a form that aims at high impact, high intensity, which it achieves through juxtaposing apparent opposites.

1. BIG MEN, REPUTATION AND ORIKI

Consciousness of relative seniority is acute, in some situations even overriding gender distinctions. 'You are a small boy to me', 'I had given birth even before you married', 'I was walking before you were born' are comments that are heard continually as the hierarchy of seniority is reproduced in daily life.

In the past this hierarchy was animated by a dynamic, competitive struggle for self-aggrandisement which permeated the society from top to bottom. There was scope for people to create a place for themselves and expand it by their own efforts. Like the 'Big Men' of New Guinea, they did it through the recruitment of supporters. A Yoruba proverb, often written up as a motto on parlour walls and the sides of lorries, says 'Mo lowo, mo tem'yan, ki lo tun ku ti mi otii ni?': 'I have money, I have people, what else is there that I have not got?' Money was one of the principal ways of gaining public acknowledgement as a big man; but 'having people' constituted that acknowledgement itself. Wives and children, visiting matrilateral relatives, attached 'stranger' segments in long-term residence, bondsmen, labourers, visitors, friends and adherents of all kinds, from the most permanent to the most casual - all were the 'people' on whose acknowledgement the ambitious man's standing depended. If their recognition were withdrawn - if they left, or transferred their loyalty to another patron, or chose another house to drop in on for gossip and advice - the man would lose his public standing. His position depended on public recognition: and recognition ofcourse bred more recognition, for a man with a great reputation would attract great numbers of adherents whose regard would in tum boost his reputation still further.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
if Drake was to drop it’s definitely when this video drops.

If Drake drops trying to stop this video he's gonna get steam rolled.

He could post a video of Kendrick choke slamming Whitney thought a coffee table....nobody is going to care on or around the time this video drops. It's the biggest song in the world. He needs to go on vacation and come back with "God's Plan 2" or some sh*t.

Fred.