'Karen' Goes Wild & Kills Cop Boyfriend or is it a Police Cover-up: The Karen Read trial

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This case is one of those ones that is turning into a circus. The public are harassing witnesses. The defense is proclaiming a huge police force cover-up, a blogger got thrown in jail for 60 days, etc.
WNzdCwC.png

Here's a timeline of the events on the day of the murder
Shortly after midnight: Karen Read, John O'Keefe and a group of friends went to the Waterfall Bar and Grill in Canton on the night of January 28, 2022. According to prosecutors, Read consumed several alcoholic beverages. Read drove O'Keefe to the home of Boston police officer Brian Albert. That is where police said people from the bar were meeting back up.

1 a.m.: Court documents later revealed that in the weeks before and even the hours leading up to the night out, text messages between Read and O'Keefe as well as voicemails showed a strained relationship. Investigators said that around 1 a.m. on January 29, Read allegedly left O'Keefe a voicemail that said "...you are a f------ loser, f--- yourself" and "John, I f------ hate you."

4-5 a.m. – At 4:23 a.m. while heavy snow was falling, O'Keefe's niece called Jennifer McCabe, Brian Albert's sister-in-law and a friend of O'Keefe's. She said Read was "distraught" because O'Keefe had not come home and was not answering his cellphone. According to court documents, McCabe said she heard Read screaming "John didn't come home. We had a fight." Around 5 a.m. Read called another woman whose husband was friends with O'Keefe. Prosecutors alleged that Read said while they searched "What if he's dead? What if a plow hit him? … I don't remember anything from last night, we drank so much I don't remember anything."

5:07 a.m. – Read, McCabe, and the third woman went to look for O'Keefe. Prosecutors said Read mentioned to the women that she had a crack in her tail light and wondered if she could have hit O'Keefe. At 5:07 a.m., a surveillance camera at O'Keefe's house shows Read's SUV coming "extremely close" to O'Keefe's SUV in the driveway. Prosecutors say no tail light pieces were found in the driveway. Read's defense argues the vehicle did strike SUV, breaking the tail light and providing an explanation for damage to SUV.

6 a.m. – Around 6 a.m., Read sees O'Keefe lying in the snow outside Brian Albert's home. An emergency responder said that while hysterical and inconsolable, Read repeatedly says "I hit him. I hit him." The defense argues that one of the first responding officers from Canton police gave "false and deceptive testimony" to the grand jury that would later indict Read.

January 29, 2022 – Prosecutors and defense attorneys agree that at some point the morning O'Keefe was killed, someone googled "hos (sic) long to die in cold." The sides disagree on when the search was made. Prosecutors say the search happened at 6:23 a.m. and 6:24 a.m. after O'Keefe's body was found. The defense says a federal forensic expert determined the search was made at 2:27 a.m., before police were alerted that O'Keefe's body had been found.
Here is the timeline entry where the defense points the finger at the cops since the deceased cop died outside of one of their houses:
May 24, 2023 – During a pretrial hearing, Read's attorneys laid out what they allege to be a coverup by law enforcement.

"Certainly the Massachusetts State Police is involved. There are people that were in that house that are involved," Jackson said. "Brian Albert is involved. Jennifer McCabe is involved. The rest of the folks that were in that house, there's some level of involvement by every one of them. Every single one of them. We're not going to rest until we get to the bottom of exactly who's behind this coverup.
Not only Karen Read deserves this. John O'Keefe deserves this, and has deserved this from moment one. And that's why they're not going to rest."

Following the dramatic hearing, Read spoke to reporters for the first time.

"We know who did it. We know. And we know who spearheaded this coverup. You all know," Read said on the courthouse steps. "I tried to save his life. I tried to save his life at 6 in the morning, I was covered in his blood. I was the only one trying to save his life."
Here is the blogger 'Turtleboy' being arrested for witness intimidation:
October 11, 2023 – Aidan Kearney, the blogger who operates the site "Turtleboy News," was arrested on charges of witness intimidation related to the Karen Read case. Kearney had been covering the case for months, often recording himself confronting witnesses. His defense attorney told the judge that Kearney was exercising his First Amendment right.
Full timeline of the case of the murder can be found here:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So the deceased police officer was going to a house party full of cops and never made it inside. After his girlfriend dropped him off, he got found dead in the parking lot 4-5 hours later.

Turns out, one of his cop friends at the party had been texting Karen Read (aka the defendant):

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Man, I literally just watched a video about this at work last week. A couple actually because I didn't even know anything about this before then. Hope I'm not hijacking but here's a couple of vids if people have time to listen or watch.

Quick recap: this one is about 15 mins

This is another quick recap: about 20 mins

Deep dive: this one is almost 2hrs

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Man she killed dude

She's running the Donald Trump/DJ Khaled 'they are out to get me' conspiracy angle which some MAGA Bostonian's might typically buy into, but only if the narrative was around a minority instead of a revered class like cops. If the juror was majority black/progressive, then "the cops did it" angle might have a bit more traction methinks.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So what ended up happening? I overheard some people talkin bout this the other day...
Closing arguments were yesterday and the jury is deliberating now, This article has an outline of everything interesting that happened on each day:

Daps
she did it, though i don’t think it was deliberate. it could have easily been chalked up to manslaughter, an unfortunate accident that was the result of the two of them having too much to drink on a winter evening. instead, being a narcissistic bytch, she decided to drag this out with an absurdly spun conspiracy that has implicated his family.

it just might get her off.

:francis:

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
I'm in two minds because I don't feel like people that were partying with him the night before should be the ones investigating his death there is major conflict of interest.

The fact that she didn't testify had me stroking my chin 🤔

But then the expert witness evidence on canine injuries had me 🤨

So I'm interested to see what the jury conclude