¥$ (Kanye West & Ty Dolla $ign) - Vultures 1 (Discussion Thread)

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
.....because they don't have 20 years of brand equity. :why:
There are plenty of artists who have been around longer than him, some with an even greater catalog than him, that could go fully independent, but they don’t. It’s their choice. From my understanding, when you’re independent, you have to do more of the leg work. Seems like you’re just downplaying it because of bias.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
There are plenty of artists who have been around longer than him, some with an even greater catalog than him, that could go fully independent, but they don’t. It’s their choice. From my understanding, when you’re independent, you have to do more of the leg work. Seems like you’re just downplaying it because of bias.
It’s a huge feat they wanna diminish to gain with their overlords.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia

I mean, he went independent because he burned bridges and sided with neo-Nazis. He really had no choice, so no he doesn't get a lollipop.

I'm not going to give Kanye credit for making a mid independent album the same way I don't give Elon credit for buying Twitter and turning it into a mid social app. They're billionaires; they do what they want.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
I mean, he went independent because he burned bridges and sided with neo-Nazis. He really had no choice, so no he doesn't get a lollipop.

I'm not going to give Kanye credit for making a mid independent album the same way I don't give Elon credit for buying Twitter and turning it into a mid social app. They're billionaires; they do what they want.
I bet you don’t realize this all started when he said Adidas and Gap were using his designs and making similar products as his, but with their own logos. That was the genesis of the whole “jew” controversy. I don’t think this site allows Facebook posts, but Kanye probably doesn’t even remember this post is still up from September 1, 2022.

I think he was trying to get out of that deal, and he even said it himself. If you sign a contract, you’re stuck…unless they release you.

Also, he’s no longer a billionaire. All that money was tied up in his deal with Adidas, and once they dropped him, he lost his billionaire status.

Now his brand is 100% owned and distributed by him.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
Because they’re locked-in contract on contract

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps

I don’t understand how they can declare it the most successful successful and it’s literally not even finished the first week yet it could go onto to sell millions of records

People put all of their stock into the first week

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
People are discussing everything but the actual music in here 😭😭😭😭
Exactly. Making excuses not to even listen to it.

Apple think they slick too. It’s not even listed in the new music section…. But… all of the songs from the album is in the top 30 being streamed right now.

IMG-4836.png