Kanye West rumored to take Virgils spot at Louis Vuitton

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
He will do a much better job. Ye’s eye for fashion is FAR sharper than Virgil’s was.

RIP to VIRG... but that man wasn't always cool. His outfits for most of his life have been extremely mid and nobody was looking at him as inspiration.

Ye's sense of fashion is epicness (sans the adidas stuff... but in the grand scheme of things and especially during his MBDTF days).

Regardless of how any of us feel about his fashion though... what LV truly want from yeezy is his INFLUENCE (and his take on fashion, of course).

Ye >>>>>> Virgil... Quite frankly, they not even on the same tier (and I think off white is kinda neat).

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I’m sure he had a nice networking opportunity at the funeral :smile: has it at least been three days?

meh fukk cancer though
Why are people saying this? They BOTH were trying to get that spot and Virgil succeeded and went on to show LV that it could work and wasn't a flash in the pan idea, making LV feel comfortable trying it again, we'll see other brands try this in the near future with other notable artists with prolly a fraction of the skill

it'd make sense for them to offer the spot to Kanye, the guy Virgil was learning alot of the design shyt with and you can't leave that job position empty it's too important

Daps
The fukk are you talking about
I don’t mean to speak ill of the dead, but Virgil was a borderline hack of questionable talent who marketed disposable streetwear knockoffs to hypebeasts. Ye sells to the same crowd, but his clothing is also of a nice enough aesthetic to draw in more tasteful consumers of high fashion. He has a cleaner and more subdued touch than Virgil.

:francis: