Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Cut like 14 tracks off this and its damn near a 9/10 :mjlol:

as it is and sequenced its very average though, too much filler but its some insanely good tracks on here.

come to life is gorgeous :wow:
nikkas making playlists cutting half the album down and acting like that’s the album. If only other artists was given these types of benefits. Lol. nikka fans improving his shyt.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
nikkas making playlists cutting half the album down and acting like that’s the album. If only other artists was given these types of benefits. Lol. nikka fans improving his shyt.

I mean I said the actual album is mid :yeshrug:

A proper curation makes it a lot better though can be true as well. I've long gave up my blind stanhood of ye his last several albums I barely replayed and I thought JIK was trash thru and thru. this shyt even with the dumb ass edited verses is a vibe (well half of it :mjlol:)

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
This album isn’t even embarrassing. And I don’t mean that as a compliment. The negro who reviewed it for GQ actually sat with the album and made incisive and insightful points at least. The bulk of you just traffic in brand loyalty and platitudes. I’ve come to realize very few of you have any grasp of, interest in, or regard for art. You talk and think in nakedly capitalist terms: “it had ____streams” or “the metacritic rating is ____ (unless that works against your contrived agenda, at which point critics are all CACs and c00ns)” or “___ and ___ and __ and __ are on the album” or “____ shouted this out on his twitter/instagram”

Just recycling the most base cog-in-a-marketing-and-consumption-American-machine talking points while posturing as artsy and militant counterculture types

Absolutely bizarre and warped. This album of nothingness is def tailor-made for you cats. Yikes.

:wow:
The wild shyt is you can listen to Mos Def - who even hardcore fans thought was washed and hung out to dry - rap recently on Navy Blue’s “Breathe” and hear more spirit and insight and human condition than on any of these grandiose try-hard c00nye albums. But that would require going and seeking out music and cultivating and defining your own personal taste rather than waiting for the machine to hand you the latest bloated and processed sausage from the death factory.

I've had that album bookmarked for months strictly off the Mos song

Thanks for reminding me

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
I stripped my version down to these 12 tracks:

1. Jail
2. Off the Grid
3. Believe What I Say
4. Remote Control
5. Moon
6. Heaven & Hell
7. Keep My Spirit Alive
8. Jesus Lord 2
9. Lord I Need You
10. Pure Souls
11. Come To Life
12. No Child Left Behind

This makes the album an incredible listen for real.
:banderas:

I like it. I added "Hurricane" as well. :salute:

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
300 Million Streams in 3 Days :mjgrin:

But But No One Is Listening To Ye :mjcry:

:jawalrus:

Doesn't surprise me. There's a lot going on with this album so it can take a few listens to really understand what's going on and get familiar with some of the songs.

Even with the recent bullshyt Kanye will always be a must listen based off the first half of his career. This is def his best project since Pablo though.

LJLYDK!

All Star
Daps