Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Snap judgment so far:

1. Donda - N/A

2. Jail - Production is cool, has a stadium/MBTDF feel to it. His singing is kinda grating though. Jay's verse is cool lyrically, just not a fan of his new flow though. Okay production is getting old fast to me lol, same loop over and over again. This is kinda ehh. Why do the drums come in after Jay's verse is over? Uh okay.

3. God Breathed - Rap parts sounds like some Yeezus shyt. Not a big fan of Yeezus. The ambient choir/singing parts are kinda cool. Kinda going on too long though.

4. Off the Grid - Beat is kinda hard. Fivio and Kanye both came real nice. Fav song so far although like Jail I went from liking the production to quickly feeling it was kinda repetitive.

5. Hurricane - This is kinda smooth. Weeknd sounding good. Sounds cool on first listen although I dunno how much replay value it will have.

6. Praise God - Dope ass beat, liking the choir vocal samples and the organ a lot. Religious rap is not the type of rap I gravitate to but if I did it would prolly be shyt that sounded like this lol.

7. Jonah - Not feeling this one. Trippy production to say the least but doesn't really work for rap IMO, this is the type of production I'd rather hear soft female R&B vocals on.

8. Ok Ok - More of this trippy reverse-sounding synth shyt like on the last song that isn't really my thing. This is the definition of background music, nothing standing out.

9. Junya - What is going on with the bass on this song lol. The organ and handclaps are cool though. This is okay, like it more than the last two songs but nothing mindblowing.

10. Believe What I Say - Lauryn's impact is so real when you think about how many times she's been sampled on beats. Vibe kinda reminds me of old Kanye mixed with new Kanye. Pretty good.

11. 24 - I don't like when Ye sings that much. I want raps. This is aight but not standing out to me.

12. Remote Control - Like I said I'm not a fan of Ye's singing but I'll admit the melody he's singing on here is catchy. Nice drum patterns on this too. Kind of an off-kilter song with the whistling but I fukk with the vibe. A verse woulda made it better tho.

13. Moon - Of course Cudi is the on song called Moon lol. I completely forgot what this sounded like as soon it was over though, not a good sign.

14. Heaven and Hell - Probably the song that grabs your attention the most with its epic "bibilical" sound and he's rapping again. I wish the drums were harder though, that clap is kinda weak.

15. Donda - I'm gonna N/A this cuz it's more of an interlude that a song.

16. Keep My Spirit Alive - Griselda over this churchy production is...uh...interesting lol. Damn why is Conway's verse so short, he was done just as he started going off. Kanye got a nice verse on this. This is straight but I'm not sure what the replay value will be like.

17. Jesus Lord - Touching song, very sad. A definite standout, earns its long runtime.

To be continued...

T.H.E. Goat

On the road to riches
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where The Grass Is Blue
Off first listen it’s like attending Sunday service with a bunch of guest speakers inside of a stadium:wow:

Few flabby bars from Kanye but he was spitting on a few songs

Off The Grid
Hurricane
Believe What I Say
Moon
Jesus Lord
New Again
Pure Souls
Come To Life
No Child Left Behind

I’m cool off the rest:yeshrug: