Albums Kanye West - DONDA Deluxe (Discussion Thread)

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Maybe sound has left me and I'm not caught up to what's hot or not these days

But this album was horrible for me. :yeshrug:

Maybe ye just not my style or something. Or maybe his sound is past me and I'm still caught in late 90s early 2000s or something. I doubt it I enjoy today's music. Listening to this though and i felt no life from it. Just a dead ass dragged out long ass album with no direction basic ass production another attempt to sell weird as artistic. Couldn't get with it.

MikeStamina

All Star
Daps
So Kanye not canceled????....literally laughing out loud at ALL OF SOCIAL MEDIA

Can't wait to hear from joe budden. Mr frontline with the pitchfork. Epic backtracking incoming..

S.W.A.G.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe sound has left me and I'm not caught up to what's hot or not these days

But this album was horrible for me. :yeshrug:

Maybe ye just not my style or something. Or maybe his sound is past me and I'm still caught in late 90s early 2000s or something. I doubt it I enjoy today's music. Listening to this though and i felt no life from it. Just a dead ass dragged out long ass album with no direction basic ass production another attempt to sell weird as artistic. Couldn't get with it.
It’s ok brother not for everyone. Thing is Kanye is he is a legit artist not in musical sense but as in an art weirdo. He doesn’t try to make music for ppl, he wants to push himself, and more than everything, be very forward thinking. So eventhough he could make college dropout every year that bores him. He wants to infuse fashion, avant garde, futurism and most of all be a provocateur. To many this won’t hit as some just want to sit down and just enjoy good rap music. If you like weird artisty and innovation Kanye appeals to you. But for rap rap, there are other artists for you. Kanye can never just make CD or LR again. He’s fully embraced being a weirdo artist.

TrillaMonsoon

Fun God
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nation Of Fun
Kanye was never "cancelled" :mjlol:

People just parrot dumb shyt and hope it sounds smart. It's a damn shame. You're laughing at "all of social media" like half of that all doesnt defend Kanyes every move.

Hes never not had a platform, never been "cancelled" by his fan base which means you spend more time listening to people who say dumb shyt just to make you mad because reality doesnt mirror your paranoia.

So Kanye not canceled????....literally laughing out loud at ALL OF SOCIAL MEDIA

Can't wait to hear from joe budden. Mr frontline with the pitchfork. Epic backtracking incoming..

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
i took a breakfast break at DONDA lol

Long albums are like movies low key. "All Eyez on Me" and "LAD" were both epic listening experiences.

Now that makes more sense. I like when artists distinct and break up big ass pieces of work like this like Drogas Wave. No matter how good the material is, a long ass weighted album can weigh down the overall work.

Maybe it wasn't a Double originally but that looks like Double LP for sure. "Life After Death" and "All Eyez On Me" were both 2 hours long. This is close to that. And the way the track list is broken up. It makes sense to have all the "Part 2" songs on the 2nd Disc.