Kamau Bell c00ning like hell at the Afro-Punk festival yesterday

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
Any nyc heads at the festival yesterday? I was and was pretty disgusted when Kamau Bell did an impromptu set in between acts. This dude started talking about how good it was too have qa racially mixed child. People weren't even laughing, it was pretty uncomfortable to listen to it actually. And the crowd was veeeery mixed. Me and my girl just shook our heads at his routine praising mixed kids. I'm not even watching his show after that.

Handsback

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man how was the rest of the festival though? I just heard about the site a few weeks ago and it seems cool.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
I was there yesterday and I have no clue who the hell that is.

Afropunk was AWESOME though! This MADE my summer!

I got buck in the pit for Danny Brown and Trash Talk...crazy.

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
sounds like a terrible situation to do stand up in

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Man how was the rest of the festival though? I just heard about the site a few weeks ago and it seems cool.

Awesome

I was only there for yesterday. Saw Dj MikeQ, Big Freedia, Roofeo, Trash Talk, Prince Paul, Danny Brown, Death, and Questlove closed out the show.

Edit: I believe Junglep*ssy was Mcing at the hip-hop stage.

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
lmao this fakkit just said he was at the big freedia concert :wrist:

Daps
Reppin
VOID

Did you really just call me a fakkit son? I ain't no fakkit.

I'd fukking crack your skull open in real life if you said this to my face and have you crying in a pool of your own blood. Watch yourself you fukking pissant and respect the god.

BTW, I've seen Big Freedia twice.

Last edited:

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
Did you really just call me a fakkit son? I ain't no fakkit.

I'd fukking crack your skull open in real life if you said this to my face. Watch yourself you fukking pissant and respect the god.

BTW, I've seen Big Freedia twice.
:patrice: :wrist:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was thinking about making an afropunk festival thread over the weekend. Its one of those things I take for granted living in Brooklyn. How was it? What was the racial split? Was there any spill over between the festival and the VMAs? How were the blipster women?

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Any ny heads at the festival yesterday? I was and was pretty disgusted when Kamau Bell did an impromptu set in between acts. This dude started talking about how good it was too have qa racially mixed child. People weren't even laughing, it was pretty uncomfortable to listen to it actually. And the crowd was veeeery mixed. Me and my girl just shook our heads at his routine praising mixed kids. I'm not even watching his show after that.

Sounds like he was trying a risque set and the crowd wasnt feeling it. As a comedian you have to take risks some times.

HideoKojima

DOOM, all capitals, no trick spellin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Georgia, Home of the trillest
Bruh, You ain't ever got any twerk from a broad with a fat ass to some Big Freedia?
When you're wearing your Levi 510 Skinnys and it feels like nothing there :ohlawd:
Thank you Big Freedia for that New Orleans Bounce music that turns the most innocent of angels into ass shaking demons. :whew: