Kalamazoo man ran from the police and State Supreme Court ruled he was within his rights

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
It’s a violation of your 4th amendment rights. I beat a case like that where the cops just rolled up on me with no probable cause asking for my ID. I resisted arrest and beat it in appellate court but it took like 9-10 months. If I didn’t have video I would have been fukked because this was before mandatory body cams

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
What data makes you say that?
Personal experience where lawyers tried to get me to take pleas when the police had no probable cause for a stop. Telling you to take a plea for something you have proof of innocence for. Not trying to get police footage that would clear you in order to get you to take a lesser plea.

shyt is an everyday thing and lawyers will get black balled if they constantly got cases dismissed. Their court appointment opportunities will decrease.

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
shyt is an everyday thing and lawyers will get black balled if they constantly got cases dismissed. Their court appointment opportunities will decrease.
How do public defenders get black balled?
Isn’t the system basically lottery assignment?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Personal experience where lawyers tried to get me to take pleas when the police had no probable cause for a stop. Telling you to take a plea for something you have proof of innocence for. Not trying to get police footage that would clear you in order to get you to take a lesser plea.

I'm under the impression (no strong evidence or experience) that the main reason public defenders are looking for deals so much is because their caseload is way over the top and they simply don't have time to fight all those cases or even research them properly. The faster they get deals, the more manageable their caseload gets.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
I'm under the impression (no strong evidence or experience) that the main reason public defenders are looking for deals so much is because their caseload is way over the top and they simply don't have time to fight all those cases or even research them properly. The faster they get deals, the more manageable their caseload gets.
That has a lot to do with it, but motions for dismissal can be filed based on lack of probable cause. I seen gun cases get dismissed thru motions because police didn't have reason to search the vehicle.

That can be done thru a motion before you even go to pre trial