Just watched Saving Private Ryan. Any more good war movies y'all can suggest?

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
Come and See
Beasts of No Nation
Apocalypse Now (original version)
Full Metal Jacket

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

Superstar
Daps
come and see: the human cost of war, very anti war, best war movie i have ever seen
black hawk down: appears to be one of the more tactically sound depictions of war; or at least that is the reputation it seems to have with veterans

It’s a little over the top, and changed/embellished for entertainment, but tactically it was okay. I do love the movie, overall.

I met and served with a few old timers that were there (10th mtn, 160th, 75th) and they mostly either hate it or refuse to even watch it because their friends hated it.

I was actually under “Cpt. Steele”, for a little bit, when he was a full bird Col. He was in the regular Army and was being forced to retire after being a little too overzealous with his AO’s sop’s and commands given during “operation swarmer.”

He’s nothing like the character portrayed in the movie. It’s weird to say but he’s kind of friendly and bubbly in a psychopathic kind of way. One of those lead by example, “I don’t care what you do as long as you do it harder than everyone else, have fun and learn while doing it…” kind of leaders. And dude is a physical giant and a great athlete, even at that age.

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

Superstar
Daps
Most of the good ones have been named but I’ll add Patton, 1917, We Were Soldiers, Enemy at the Gates, and Letters from Iwo Jima.

can’t remember which guy it is from Blackhawk Down but he was a commander during Iraq when I was there and dude was bat shyt crazy as anyone I’ve ever met

Col. Michael Steele? Commander of the “Rakkasans”?

Superstar
Daps
Band of Brothers, the Pacific, zero dark thirty, and generation kill, and fury are some of my more modern favorites.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I haven't seen the recent version, but the 70s version of all quiet on the western front is good.

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
I love and hate that movie. Only seen it fully twice. The part where his scared ass watches the enemy give his homie that knife work slow and nasty just infuriates me. I got so fukking mad lol

Each time I start watching it and I get to that part I

ffs-bruce-banner.gif

I think that makes it a great movie. Seems so realistic to me I get pissed