Just watched Inglorious Basterds

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
The only "intense" scene was the opening one (which was great). All down hill after that. Just because it's drawn out doesn't mean it's "intense." :yao:
:ohhh:

Maybe next time they'll blow more shyt up for you? Like 10000 explosions. And throw some robots in there. And humans doing impossible shyt. 5 star movie then, right? :krs:

A good movie draws conflict from great dialogue and precarious situations. Not from action. That scene in the pub is a perfect example.

This is The Coli though. Transformers 4 Best Picture.

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
Don't diss transformers like that bro.

Anyways loved the movie. The dialogue was great. The bar scene is probably my favorite scene in QT flick. How it was set up and how it all ended quick as fukk just how it would be in real life. Then my man choking that traitor bytch out. Good flick

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie was ass. Needed at least 45 minutes left on the editing room floor to make it enjoyable. Every scene doesn't need to be 20 minutes of needless dialogue. :comeon:

I see where you are coming from but Tarantino didn't have those dialogue scenes be long for the purpose of being long. He does it to create tension.

In the opening scene he makes it long to create tension to what Waltz's character is really going to do. He didn't just come to drink milk.

The bar scene was long so we could be on our feet to see if their true identities will be revealed.

The restaurant scene was to see if Waltz would remember Shoshana from years ago and when he stares at her and then forgets what he was going to say leaves an uneasiness with us as we aren't 100% sure what it was about

I was reading somewhere else where the critic wrote the only boring long dialogue scene is the one with Michael Myers because it's all talking for that specific reason. No dramatic irony, tension or goal accomplished.

I I'll say though that this movie and Django were 15-20 minutes too lo g and the funny thing is there were many scenes in this film he did cut off

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Movie was ass. Needed at least 45 minutes left on the editing room floor to make it enjoyable. Every scene doesn't need to be 20 minutes of needless dialogue. :comeon:

That dialogue is what made the movie so great. It was dialogue driven and wasn't boring either.

Do you enjoy Michael Bay films?

infamousred

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shiit is a classic. no one could complain about it this time either because everything was told in sequence and not mashed up. if you dont like the dialogue in a quentin tarantino movie, you might as well not watch any of them. his dialogue is great, its probably his best atribute. django is the only qt movie i havent seen, but every other one is at least a 4/5. i'd say pulp fiction was his best tho.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Just watched it. 7/10. Waltz was astounding. But holy fukk brad pitt is atrocious. Why the fukk was he casted over a real texan like matt mcconaughey? Stupid. I can never rewatch it because of this.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
inglourious-basterds-laughing-fire.gif

t9NbEs.gif

tumblr_p2ioxiGHPH1x0uneyo3_540.gif

Glorious sequence.