Just started playing Breath of the Wild

One4Deuce

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Minnesota
Any tips for me? I'm currently trying to find the three other shrines in the opening section of the game. Roaming around getting lost basically it feels like.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
While there is a story, the core gameplay is very much based around personal exploration and toying with the physics engine. It’s a little different compared to most adventure games but once you get off that first lil plateau the game really opens up

Early on you’ll have to be a lot more tactical when approaching groups of enemies and maybe rely more on stealth until you get good with the combat and master blocking, dodging, etc. You can get creative too. Use magnet powers to drop heavy crates on enemies, throw a torch at explosive barrels for explosions, bombs to blast enemies off cliffs, etc

Collect as many apples and mushrooms as you can because cooking those together is an easy way to make food that’ll heal most if not all hearts early in the game.

The breakable weapons is definitely a bytch when you only have a couple slots but you can upgrade those w/ korok seeds found out the in world. If you ever see something like a near full circle of rocks and some other boulder off to the side, pick up the Boulder and place it to complete the circle, and you get a korok seed. Once you really start exploring be on the lookout for anything in nature that seems “placed” or noticeably different, usually there’s a korok seed there. There’s shyt like rolling giant rocks down cliffs into big holes(like golf), throw small rocks into circular formations in the water, do these mini speed runs where you follow these sprouts that stick out the ground but disappear once you walk up to them, etc. kind of hard to describe but you’ll see what I mean once you get a couple. You could probably watch a YouTube guide to get more of an idea of what to look out for

I feel like there’s a lot more I could tell you but I wouldn’t know where to start honestly lol. I’m 130 hours in with maybe a good 20-30 hours of content left. Early on I would kind of wane in and out of the game but I’d play shorter sessions regularly and once I got further along I just kept playing more frequently for longer periods of time. It can be somewhat of a slow burn though because they don’t really hold your hand early on you’re kind of left to just explore with these broad overall objectives. Honestly if you ever get stuck somewhere just youtube some shyt lol. Some of the shrine puzzles are tricky but then you’ll see how to do it and be like “why tf did I not think of that?” Lol

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I still haven't gotten into it. It's so much different than other Zelda games I'm not sure if I like it tbh.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
they designed this game very unique with the world design and the actual gameplay mechanics. If you think you're able to do a method to accomplish something, I'm very certain that method is possible. when I was doing the balled of the champions DLC I was testing out some shyt in the final level for a while knowing full well it wasn't the ACTUAL linear way to do it, and eventually it worked. :mjlol:

And yeah, I suggest using orbs on stamina. brehs will tell you to get hearts for the master sword, and I'll say don't listen to them. :sas2:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Any tips for me? I'm currently trying to find the three other shrines in the opening section of the game. Roaming around getting lost basically it feels like.
Fam, when you see the shrines, use the first person view to "pin" them, so you can go to them by following your minimap.

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
I started this game last year about his same time...game is straight flames once you get into it. :banderas:

I didn't finish it but i was amazed at how big the map was...pause :dame:

Oh there are plenty of BOTW resources online just Google shyt if you don't know what to do, that's what i did.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Most over rated game this gen.
No I’m not trolling this time either.

Yo people really be mad about the acclaim for this game:bryan:

It might not be for everyone but it’s a best seller on the switch and the people who play it really like it. Dude already got the game and is playing it I don’t know why some of y’all insist on chiming in on this thread just to say that you don’t get the hype lol