Just saw Now You See Me

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
Heard the same thing from a few other people.. .I'll pass on seeing it but damn I had high expectations for it based off the trailers.. ..:to:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
OK, more words now.

When EVERYTHING the movie/script/characters tells or shows us is revealed to be a twist/trick/lie only minutes later....then the twists fail to become interesting. They become tiresome and annoying.

And the plot holes and leaps of logic in the execution of even the first two tricks were :snoop: status.

And :dead: @ ANYONE who didn't see the "freeze" gag coming from the moment it was set up.

And Isla Fisher was awful in this.

The script wasn't nearly as clever as it thought it was. The moments of witty dialog fell flat way more often than they hit.

And the end was shyt.

4/10

it couyld have been so dope but yes....the tricks left us like :leon:

but then they explained them shyts in the next scene :dahell: so it was an up and then a down .....

the twist was stupid as fukk to me to be honest....:yeshrug:

that fight/chase scene when james franco's little brother was fighting was dope as fukk though :whew:

also -- jesse eisenurg is a dope actor IMO

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
it was an ok movie. i went in with fairly low expectations though.

i thought the story was weak. it's a heist movie where you don't root for the thieves or the cops. the movie revolves around the fbi agent which i wasn't expecting at all. i didn't even care who won.. i just wanted to see what came after act 3 and it was disappointing.

there is some random high tech bullshyt in the movie. it's like 98% grounded in movie reality.. and then all of a sudden, LAZERZ out of nowhere.

i guess i missed it.. but why was alfred chilling with the crew?

the movie is based around tricks.. so you can see most of the twists coming.

the first bank job and the ruffalo/franco fight were the best parts of the movie to me.

it just feels like the movie should've/could've been much much better.

it's worth a watch at home. i wouldn't recommend going to the theaters to see it especially since there's a good amount of options in theaters.

Skilltastrophy

Mizzou Mafia
Daps
I didn't hate it as much as other people it seems like

but I usually enjoy Eisenberg...and Woody cracks me up just by looking at his ass

plus...I thought the tricks were pretty cool for the most part (although revealing like in the very next scene was annoying)

overall though...I'm not going to see it again...I'd give it 5/10...average movie...see at the dollar theatre or matinee.

and whoever said Isla Fisher was awful...totally agree...I almost deducted two more points just because everything she did was terrible...just mailed in every scene she did

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
the movie should have revolved around the magicians.

eisenberg, woody and dave franco

franco going gambit on ruffalo :lawd:

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked the movie, thought it was a pretty cool/original concept. In my opinion, I think it was a good movie for watching at the theatre cause you kinda felt like an audience member.

Eisenberg is a good actor but he always tends to play that smartass rapidly speaking character. I can see where one would say the love story was forced, that should've actually been removed. Ruffalo is a very good actor, everybody should watch Zodiac.

And the twist

It coulda been initiated better, like better build up. However, it caught me by surprise. When Freeman was looking straight through the bars for seconds it built up the tension well. You could her a pin drop in my theatre

7/10

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
I liked the movie, thought it was a pretty cool/original concept. In my opinion, I think it was a good movie for watching at the theatre cause you kinda felt like an audience member.

Eisenberg is a good actor but he always tends to play that smartass rapidly speaking character. I can see where one would say the love story was forced, that should've actually been removed. Ruffalo is a very good actor, everybody should watch Zodiac.

And the twist

It coulda been initiated better, like better build up. However, it caught me by surprise. When Freeman was looking straight through the bars for seconds it built up the tension well. You could her a pin drop in my theatre

7/10
i agree with this assessment. decent movie

Conz

Superstar
Daps
:manny: liked it. the twist was kinda :beli:but i enjoyed the ride. I'm all about Heist movies though, and I usually enjoy magician movies

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Just saw this. Movie was aight. What was his beef with Freeman? That he exposed magicians?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Just saw this. Movie was aight. What was his beef with Freeman? That he exposed magicians?
its so stupid

the payoff wasnt worth all of that either. I really thought this was one of those quick and slick looking movies that didnt provide much substance.