Republic of New Afrika
"Can you take off your shirt and show me? Please."

full

full

full

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
TheColi ain't got no love for Lanthimos?!

77a0682f15e0fc40e0a1d0b59f062a9e.jpg
I just can't get into his movies. The Lobster was critically acclaimed and I was excited for it but it just didn't fully work for me. This one is well. I enjoyed the first 45 minutes or so but then it seemed to drag on for too long. So I guess his films really just aren't for me

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
what did you think of the symbolism? Was Nicole and her daughter laying like she was dead symbolism of a deer? Did you think the daughter started to pick characteristics of her mother? Was the slow boy speaking through the daughter at times?

Before Colin Ferrell and Nicole Kidman had sex in that scene, didn’t they say something about applying a general anesthetic? Meaning like she was going under for surgery. I interpreted that as he either fantasizes about fukking his unconscious patients or actually has. When the daughter did it it was really :merchant:meaning either she saw her mom do that or something :sitdown: happened.

Was disturbing on multiple levels.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
i saw the "making of" for this movie hoping for further explanation and the director just kept saying he didnt want to explain it because he wants people to have their own interpretations :dry:

i just wanna know how the creepy teenage dude had the ability to make or know how to curse the family with their illnesses

so his dad dies and one day all of a sudden he has the power to impose physical ill will towards whoever he wants? :francis:

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i saw the "making of" for this movie hoping for further explanation and the director just kept saying he didnt want to explain it because he wants people to have their own interpretations :dry:

i just wanna know how the creepy teenage dude had the ability to make or know how to curse the family with their illnesses

so his dad dies and one day all of a sudden he has the power to impose physical ill will towards whoever he wants? :francis:

I ran this movie back high after not feeling it on first try, and i've gotta say it's deep as fukk. The little boy is the manifestation of the doctor's torment when life isn't fair. What you see on screen is this doctor's story through a different lens. His little boy is ill-stricken, presumably terminal, for no reason at all. The doctor is realizing he spent more time on his career than he did with his little boy who is dying, and is trying to make up for lost time when he has none left (hence the scene when he force feeds his son donuts - he'd wished he'd done more. His little girl is losing her innocence to guys who don't want her. His wife (Kidman) is totally emotionally and unsupportive of him throughout, barely recognizing the kid. And the kid attacks Farrel's mind as well, having him think his life's falling apart because he cost a man his life on the operating table...the guilt he carries from that event is so large that he blames everything negative that's happening in his life on that operating table mistake.