Just saw "Killing of a Sacred Deer" (Colin Farrell, Kidman) minor spoilers

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm giving this a A-. Acting wise, you got Colin Farrell and Nicole Kidman. Nuff said. But the other cast was solid as well. Now plot wise, again minor spoiler
Colin plays a doctor. One of his patients dies. Colin starts to secretly meet up with the son of the patient who died. The boy appears to be kinda slow but he slowly starts become part of Colin family's life. Well, something tragic happens to a member of Colin's family and the movie takes a twist

Music wise, it's very loud and scary sounding. THey really push the horror feel. Camera work was dope. From wide screen, to overhead, just dope. It's no Birdman but I really enjoyed the camera work.

Genre wise, this is thriller/horror film. It's sad this is an independent film because honestly this could blow up if done right. It's definetely some C&C moments which takes away from the film to me. One scene was kinda pedo. Not directly but if I had it on my phone the feds would be knocking on my door if they didn't know it was film. Another convo between Colin and his son was :huhldup:. Didn't need to hear it.

Movie is filled with alot symbolism and I can't wait to some of yall see it to discuss it. Alot parallels between characters. Ending wise, I wasn't blown away but I'm not upset about it. The next to last scene is really messed up. Morality wise, let's just say it has a twisted view of justice. Lastly, I hope Barry Koeghan gets some Oscar love. It's a twisted film and not for everybody. But I like this alot.

Last edited:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Colin Farrell.....I may see this, I may not, the preview looked like I had seen it before, the menaced suburban family, and the NY Times review wasn't very flattering, but I might go anyway.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Good film, weird as heck. Worth a look I think.
what did you think of the symbolism? Was Nicole and her daughter laying like she was dead symbolism of a deer? Did you think the daughter started to pick characteristics of her mother? Was the slow boy speaking through the daughter at times?

Daps
I have to digest it more, but on the first chew, this is Lanthimos' most haunting piece yet; it still has that detached, outre, deadpan tone, but it's seriously terrifying. This is the film that Aronofsky tried to pull off with mother! (which I was indifferent towards).

Daps
TheColi ain't got no love for Lanthimos?!

77a0682f15e0fc40e0a1d0b59f062a9e.jpg

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Is This anywhere near as artsy as the lobster? Cuz that shyt went from interesting to trash real quick.

EDIT: 30min in and this shyt is some pretentious artsy shyt :snoop: mufukkas talking like robots and all the "creepy" music during normal scenes or long pans and zooms for no reason :smh:.....i may cut this shyt off unless Alicia Silverstone get naked with her weird ass :hhh:

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I didn't care much for it. Which is nothing against the movie or story itself, which is all executed very well, but I always have trouble buying into tragedies once...

it becomes one of these unavoidable fates. If there is seemingly no opportunity for the main character to change his fate, the road towards the end becomes meaningless. Outside of the dark humorous parts about his family trying to win his favor, the premise does not have enough body to keep things interesting.