Just rewatched The Fly

Able Archer 83

Two Minutes to Midnight
Daps
Reppin
As a person with chronic medical conditions and physical deformities, this movie his really close to home. It's scarily accurate of what it's like--the constant deterioration and decay, the urge to hide, etc.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
As a guy who did lab science in school, in the most random situations I would have flashbacks to when that first fly hair starts poking out of his skin. I can't think of another absolutely ridiculous horror movie that somehow still had me shook it was gonna happen to me.

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
As a person with chronic medical conditions and physical deformities, this movie his really close to home. It's scarily accurate of what it's like--the constant deterioration and decay, the urge to hide, etc.

I heard the movie was inspired by the AIDS crisis going on at the time. What Brundle went thru was similar to someone dying of AIDS or Cancer

Able Archer 83

Two Minutes to Midnight
Daps
Reppin
I heard the movie was inspired by the AIDS crisis going on at the time. What Brundle went thru was similar to someone dying of AIDS or Cancer

David Cronenberg--the director, who I'm a huge fan of--said that he accepts that interpretation, but states that he was making a general statement about aging. It's a testament to the film's effectiveness that it can cover any number of conditions.