Just rented Divergent..um, why did it swerve?

DeVanteSwing

Flop Champion
Daps
I couldn't make it past the part where she jumped off the building

i wonder if i can just hop in to the second part without knowing like half the first movie

YaBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt was so predictably stupid. Would have been better without the forced love connection. I actually kinda liked the concept tho :manny:. Also, it didnt make sense how her mom was one of the soldier people as a child, but 30 years later she's able to best a bunch of soldiers who do that shyt for a living
walked out.
:skip:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
watching this shyt now on HBO since I have a free trial, but is this some hunger games type shyt. I only watched this cuz it takes place in the chi. I tried watching the first hunger game, and it was totally unwatchable. this is ehhhhhh so far.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
i recorded it, but not sure if i'm going to give it a watch soon. Heard it's almost like a copy of the Hunger Games.
Other than being in a dystopian setting it has little to nothing in common with the Hunger Games.

Divergent is about genetic experimentation to perfect humans going wrong and the government's attempt to correct it.
The Hunger Games is about government oppression of it's citizens forcing their children to be drafted and fight to the death and the rebellion it eventually brings about.

Krispy

#FreeBigLurch
Daps
Reppin
UK
I thought it was good and was really confused on why people said it was a Hunger Games rip off.

As for the plot it's quite simple if you take the time to listen and understand lol I don't get what's so hard about it :bryan:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I tried watching the hunger games before, and I found it unwatchable.

divergent wasn't that good either, but I keep finding myself watching it EVERY time I catch it on tv knowing this.

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
This movie was going ok up until they kept having her go through the hallucination testing. Then fast forward and the trainer (four) is also a divergent?? Hell, i dun cut it off and back on (texting and posting) because this movie is ass. Im at the part now where her mom just killed 3 soldiers out of the blue and they running through the streets...diverging cats:mjlol: Good premise for most part but i cant watch anymore of this. Second blockbuster that let me down starring teens (hunger games). I mean, shluld i just stick to reading the books because this movie is bare naked asscakes
:dead: