Just now really learning about the Rwandan Genocide - Its unconscionable that the West didn't intervene

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I remember hearing about it vaguely as a kid in the 90s and of course I saw the movie Hotel Rwanda as a teen.

I recently saw some survivor stories of two women who survived the genocide and felt sick.

And then to know the West could have intervene and just stood by to watch the mass murder is infuriating.

fukk Bill Clinton forever for not intervening in this

kornholio

Rookie
Daps
this happend because of colonialism the british put the tutsi in power above the huti during those times plus what set if off was the assassination of the rwandan president who happend to be hutu
:what:The Germans and the Belgians colonized Rwanda. Thats why the Hutu are speaking French in the video announcing the genocide.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I remember hearing about it vaguely as a kid in the 90s and of course I saw the movie Hotel Rwanda as a teen.

I recently saw some survivor stories of two women who survived the genocide and felt sick.

And then to know the West could have intervene and just stood by to watch the mass murder is infuriating.

fukk Bill Clinton forever for not intervening in this

I was a kid back then in Kenya.. the news would show the bloated bodies floating into our country in lake Victoria. Mass amounts of bodies in the water bloated white floating to the surface. Crocodiles couldn't even eat them fast enough. We used to get fresh tilapia from that lake. I didn't eat fish again for decades. Couldn't shake those visuals