Just like the NBA…creativity in soccer is dead ..who killed it ??

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
This current era is the stale-est ball I’ve seen in my 33 years on earth

If it isn’t aimless passing leading to nothing like most of the Euros it’s absolute hatchet work like Copa America.

At club level to see interesting shyt you gotta watch teams outside the Top 4-6 in EPL, outside of RM/Barca in La Liga, outside of Bayern in the Bundesliga. I be watching random shyt like an Aston Villa game now to catch a vibe.

Ces1ne?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
We can complain about the amount of matches they play already & it diminishes the quality of play, but next season it’s even more matches for champions league clubs bc of the group stage change.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
When analytics get involved and think "optimized" this happens.

What's actually interesting about American Football is when passing was optimized, Chiefs this year figured out how to stop that kind of game. However, it looks like running the ball vs that kind of defense they played would be highly effective. The top RB's actually got paid this year, probably anticipating the league will try and copy that defensive approach.

It usually takes something like that to buck a trend in Football all the time, so I wonder what that may be in Soccer/NBA.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Euros love the "stack the deck football" where all the big stars play for 3-5 teams only all across Europe. We trying to see parity in our sports over here, but these guys across the pond want to see total domination by a small handful of clubs and happily watch mid and lower table teams starve and struggle to death. I know its tradition for the stars to go to the big teams, but in 2024 you need to have a strong league and a strong product from top to bottom. I'll give the EPL props on this but the rest are way too top heavy. The same two teams at the top of the league for twenty plus years straight is a dying model and won't take your overall product to the next level in this day and age.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Euros love the "stack the deck football" where all the big stars play for 3-5 teams only all across Europe. We trying to see parity in our sports over here, but these guys across the pond want to see total domination by a small handful of clubs and happily watch mid and lower table teams starve and struggle to death. I know its tradition for the stars to go to the big teams, but in 2024 you need to have a strong league and a strong product from top to bottom. I'll give the EPL props on this but the rest are way too top heavy. The same two teams at the top of the league for twenty plus years straight is a dying model and won't take your overall product to the next level in this day and age.

Free agency killed the game and thats because the owners were scumbags prior to that. Jean-Marc Bosman is both the gift and curse.

And the game has always been top heavy. The same couple of clubs Juve Bayern and Real who were dominating their domestic leagues back in the 60-70'-80's still dominating in the 10's and 00's. The only exceptions are Barca PSG and Citeh from that period. Prior to Cruyff Barca had only won 2 league titles in nearly 25 years.

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Free agency killed the game and thats because the owners were scumbags prior to that. Jean-Marc Bosman is both the gift and curse.

And the game has always been top heavy. The same couple of clubs Juve Bayern and Real who were dominating their domestic leagues back in the 60-70'-80's still dominating in the 10's and 00's. The only exceptions are Barca PSG and Citeh from that period. Prior to Cruyff Barca had only won 2 league titles in nearly 25 years.

Just because it been like that don’t make it appealing..and for casuals like me that’s a turn off..seeing Mbappe going to the champion league winners is :scust:

Imagine being a fan of a mid tier team and soon as you get a decent player that have a breakout season they get sold to the rich just so the mid tier club can get the finances to stay mid level…the goal isn’t to win for 90% of the clubs…Soccer need to get their shyt together, I know it’s the most popular sport in the world but only due to the lack of real competition.

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Then you got Mbappe who suppose to be the star looking washed:scust:

Between him and Haaland idk who disappears more…

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Club football is different than international football.

Tournaments requires winning 4 matches in a row in the KO stage. This contributes to conservative tactics more often than not as there is no incentive to take risks.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Lamine Yamal is bringing it back. That individual magic. He will be HIM.

But unfortunately, this is the era of the manager. The game is more about systems. Although I think this benefits the lesser teams as it narrows the gap between them and the top teams the better teams are also limited by it. Don Carlo is the only one still holding the fort for the beauty of the game. Dude does not believe in systems.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The game moved to being more about physicallity and systems that while it brings success has impacted individuality and creativity

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal

he says this after watching his team play a 0-0 and win on pens. he's the thibodeau of football when it comes to running his players into the ground and he's also a strict system man. he has influenced the robotic style that people complain about with: pep, pochettino and simeone. basically the pot calling the kettle black.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
As with everything else...it became all about results. The business mindset of quarterly quotas being met leaked into the sports world and thus created what we're seeing today across the board. It's the same thing in baseball...everything is worked down to a tee to ensure that human error is as little a factor as possible. Risk-averse sports which means guys trying different things with varying levels of success is unwanted and punished.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Basically echoing what many are saying in this thread an online:

Culture is down everywhere at the expense of "seCuRiNG thE W".

It just feels like everything and everyone is selling out for the paper. It just makes everything feel less interesting.

It has "big business meeting" culture rather than "diverse, interesting and sophisticated" culture.

Last edited: