just got home from rolling loud LA

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
There you have it

We have duelling opinions that's it. No facts to be had here brother. That post don't move me it's dismissive at best... I don't only like her cuz I like that genre. Corny... I have actual ears to discern. I'm a music head. I'm someone from Toronto who has refused to listen to Drake sing his whole career because bad singers irk me. Don't tell me I only like her cuz of this n that. I like her cuz she's actually good.

:comeon:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
You type this and a nikka respond with the laugh emoji like on some "yeah right" shyt.

Dudes be having their own agendas. Someone watch her tiny desk concert n tell me she's a studio singer for those who have not seen her live. :comeon:

whether she sounds like the record or not, this isn't a good voice - not terrible, but nothing to take note of if we're really talking singers/vocalists...i'm very aware this is just this singing style of a lot of artists today, and you dont have to be an amazing singer to make great music (janet is my fave female artist FFS)

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

whether she sounds like the record or not, this isn't a good voice - not terrible, but nothing to take note of if we're really talking singers/vocalists...i'm very aware this is just this singing style of a lot of artists today, and you dont have to be an amazing singer to make great music (janet is my fave female artist FFS)

Ah so you didn't already like her recorded voice... It has nothing to do with her live performance. Say less :skip:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Ah so you didn't already like her recorded voice... It has nothing to do with her live performance. Say less :skip:
i never commented about her live performance....my initial post in this thread was about her not being a great singer. but it's not hard to imagine someone without a great voice having some bad performances

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
i never commented about her live performance....my initial post in this thread was about her not being a great singer. but it's not hard to imagine someone without a great voice having some bad performances
I love her voice, sounds dope to me. We not gonna agree ultimately :yeshrug:

I don't think one has to be Mariah or Whitney to be a great singer. Her tone is her own and it's a beautiful one. She's not belting out ballads. I don't hear any struggle range. I think you are dismissive of the genre in general and she's just a casualty of that. Everything aint for everyone.

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
:russ: they fleecing these kids arent they? No seats, you paid hundreds of dollars to sit in a parking lot?

Sporting Events, Concerts, all the things I used to do as a regular common kid 20 years ago where i could afford to go. Mainstream sheep and celebrities and corporations still had not invaded like they have now :snoop:

Its over - ill let the young kids have all that

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I love her voice, sounds dope to me. We not gonna agree ultimately :yeshrug:

I don't think one has to be Mariah or Whitney to be a great singer. Her tone is her own and it's a beautiful one. She's not belting out ballads. I don't hear any struggle range. I think you are dismissive of the genre in general and she's just a casualty of that. Everything aint for everyone.
:huh:

i don't have feelings one way or another about the genre...i'm not super knowledgable about the genre and have never pretended to be. but she sounds like a lot of these young r&b singers - limited range, with that nasally weird intonation to their voices. i never said anyone needs to be a whitney or mariah to be great singers, amel larrieux is a great singer to me and clearly doesn't have a voice like them, monica has a great voice as well. tems voice is mediocre to me :ld:

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I noticed this a lot About these new “singers”
People love their image more than their actual voice
That’s why labels invest so much in it
Image has always been apart of music. Who are some unattractive women that’s made it big in music?