Just finished Watchmen (Graphic Novel), brehs

Sugar

Banned
Daps
The soundtrack was fantastic, fukk are you talking about?

General public wanted more mindless action and comic nerds were mad that they changed a giant, mind-controlling squid into a nuclear bomb :comeon:

Top 5 comic book film

Agreed :ehh:

What's your top 10 comic book films btw breh?

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
The music felt anachronistic to me. The music didn't seem to suit the scenes or themes in several cases, IMO; other than the montage with "Times They Are a Changin"' by Dylan. I mean, Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" for a sex scene? :why:. Yeah, we get the sexual innuendo in that song and it's a classic record, but it doesn't exactly evoke sex appeal. It was also lazy and uninspired. All Along the Watch Tower for the landing in Antarctica? The sound of Silence for a funeral? :why:

They would've been better off getting Hans Zimmer da gawd to do an original score or Danny Elfman to see what he could come up with, IMO. I like the movie. I think the cast was pretty spot on, but with a better score and arrangement it takes a huge leap forward.
Maybe they weren't the most creative or obscure song choices but I felt they were all appropriate and brought a sense of familiarity to a story that was unfamiliar to most audiences, which is part of why Snyder chose that music, I think. Gave it a retro, classic feel.

Times they are A-changin' in the intro and Unforgettable during the Comedian's death are perfect IMO. And Hallelujah is one of my favorite songs (specifically Cohen's original version.)

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
I loved it. I remember seeing it midnight showing wit my brehs and we all pretty much understood what was happening. We all had read the book. I saw it the next night wit this jump off, who had never read it, and got asked 100s of questions. I just kept telling her read the book.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
It was a great movie IMO. People who didnt read the book or really know what the movie was about seemed to be turned off from it b/c of there wasnt mind blowing explosions and other silly shyt. It followed the book almost panel for panel (excluding the squid shyt which I thought was horrible in the book).

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Good looks

:sadcam: Times like these, I miss Blockbuster. Imma have to stream it (Amazon, iTunes, etc), but, I also want to reread it

It was definitely driven by character development and ppl defintely don't seem to want that

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I was one who had no idea what this movie was about. I swear that I can't remember if I even saw a trailer for it. My friends at the time just gave me a quick summary about it and I was in. We went to the midnight showing blazed out. This shyt was intense. I was :ohhh: and :gladbron: for the entire movie. After watching it I became a fan. :wow:

I instantly disregard people who shyt on this movie. :pacspit:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Good looks

:sadcam: Times like these, I miss Blockbuster. Imma have to stream it (Amazon, iTunes, etc), but, I also want to reread it

It was definitely driven by character development and ppl defintely don't seem to want that

Yea man the book really went deep into The Comedian's character and he did so much dirt for the government it pretty much drove him nuts and got him killed. The intro for this movie is GOAT

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Yea man the book really went deep into The Comedian's character and he did so much dirt for the government it pretty much drove him nuts and got him killed. The intro for this movie is GOAT
I love that there really isn't a clear good guy or bad guy

and I appreciated the ending

It was real slow til the end of Chapter XI, but, it was worth it

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
its def top 5 comic movies just off the fact it stuck the script for 99% of it... i still feel it coulda benefitted being 2 movies :manny: the comic is dense