I'm liking the clips from YouTube:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Is the movie really that bad?

I'm liking the clips from YouTube:

The movie pretty much goes page for page with the book, though the plot and outcome is remixed. It still ends the same.

Can't see how peeps can love the book but hate the movie

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
The movie pretty much goes page for page with the book, though the plot and outcome is remixed. It still ends the same.

From a couple o scenes if seen; they might play up the romance angle more

That could affect the story

My mind still blown, though

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
personally I really liked the movie, its worth checking out in my opinion
This. I think many were unfamiliar with the source material and expected something like X-Men or the run of the mill superhero movie rather than the character study it actually was. A really faithful adaption of the book except for the very end (which is what fanboys bytched about). Still a good movie 3.5/5 in my book.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

IIRC, Moore's intention for Watchmen was to show how that comics can present a complete story in a way movies can't.

No matter how hard Synder tried but the movie came off as shallow compared to the comics because some things were altered and cut out.

The Watchmen Motion Comic is the closest you'll get because it's basically the comic with limited animation and a guy doing the voice work.

in the movie, the villain was too obvious IMO

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
The movie is essentially the book frame by frame. I thought the music selection sucked, and that hurt the overall feel of the film. I think with a better score people would've loved it.
The soundtrack was fantastic, fukk are you talking about?

General public wanted more mindless action and comic nerds were mad that they changed a giant, mind-controlling squid into a nuclear bomb :comeon:

Top 5 comic book film

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I like the movie but it's nowhere near the novel. Snyder got the look down pat but thematically it seemed all the layers in the story were lost on him. Like, of course a lot of stuff got cut out but even what made it in the movie was lacking the subtleties of the novel.

Also, the best scene didn't even make it into the movie (it's in the director's/ultimate cut):

The only scene in the movie that gave me the same chills as it did in the comic.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
The soundtrack was fantastic, fukk are you talking about?

General public wanted more mindless action and comic nerds were mad that they changed a giant, mind-controlling squid into a nuclear bomb :comeon:

Top 5 comic book film

The music felt anachronistic to me. The music didn't seem to suit the scenes or themes in several cases, IMO; other than the montage with "Times They Are a Changin"' by Dylan. I mean, Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" for a sex scene? :why:. Yeah, we get the sexual innuendo in that song and it's a classic record, but it doesn't exactly evoke sex appeal. It was also lazy and uninspired. All Along the Watch Tower for the landing in Antarctica? The sound of Silence for a funeral? :why:

They would've been better off getting Hans Zimmer da gawd to do an original score or Danny Elfman to see what he could come up with, IMO. I like the movie. I think the cast was pretty spot on, but with a better score and arrangement it takes a huge leap forward.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Movie is meh.

visually it's very close to the comic but a film isn't the same as a comic book.

Plus they skipped a lot of Rorshach's badassness.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I thought the movie was great, it is in my top 10 of comic book movies.
Never understood the hate for it.