Just bought a Playseat, Logitech G29 wheel, pedals, and shifter....

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Not gonna lie, I would just roll with PC. Most of the games for Xbox translate to PC for the most part. Forza with the wheel would feel really close to real driving

:ohhh: on the bolded, didn't know that. Your right, I might as well just use the pc. I just built a system with an AMD Ryzen 2700x, Asus Crosshair Hero VI, and 32gb of Ram and Windows 10. Might as well save the money of buying another gaming console especially if the games run the same for the console and pc.

That video is :damn::noah:

Dap + Rep!

Last edited:

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
Forza will without a doubt be one of the greatest gaming experiences you ever have ... especially with the wheel. You can race randoms when you roll up behind them... other people are in the world online with you live... you go to checkpoints and start types of races, and you explore and find hidden cars and fix them up... 100s of cars and custom paint jobs, fine tuning...etc.

Game pass gives you a decent amount of games for free, I wanna say like nearly 100. If you get the Xbox App on your PC, it lets you download the PC version of the game off of the gamepass. Xbox and PC also offer crossplay so you can play with and against Xbox players regardless too on certain games.

Your computer is beastly :blessed: I need an upgrade to mine. It's just good enough to run mid level games, I cant really handle the graphics and processing of high level stuff. I think Skyrim is where I top out at.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Forza will without a doubt be one of the greatest gaming experiences you ever have ... especially with the wheel. You can race randoms when you roll up behind them... other people are in the world online with you live... you go to checkpoints and start types of races, and you explore and find hidden cars and fix them up... 100s of cars and custom paint jobs, fine tuning...etc.

Game pass gives you a decent amount of games for free, I wanna say like nearly 100. If you get the Xbox App on your PC, it lets you download the PC version of the game off of the gamepass. Xbox and PC also offer crossplay so you can play with and against Xbox players regardless too on certain games.

Your computer is beastly :blessed: I need an upgrade to mine. It's just good enough to run mid level games, I cant really handle the graphics and processing of high level stuff. I think Skyrim is where I top out at.

I been wanting Forza for a minute especially since the Porsche license was granted since EA was hogging it. I'm about to put HOURS in something serious plus my chair/wheel/pedals/shifter arrives on Monday, it's over :ohlawd:. Fam, you got me all on the Microsoft gaming site looking for games now.

:salute: on the Game pass, I was wondering how that works.

Man I just upgraded at the right time when AMD released the new Ryzen chips and the 2700X went on sale, couldn't pass up a build.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Been messing with this for the last few days, whole racing level is elevated :ohlawd:

Playseat company is big on diagrams but not worded instructions, if you get the gear shift mount you have to assemble that before you mount the chair to the base. The gearshift mount came with a bunch if allen head pan screws, I hate them because they are soft metal and can easily round the allen part out. Went to Lowes and replaced them with socket head bolts. Everything is high quality and the seat is really comfy, leather on the wheel and shifter. Whole setup weighs in at 60-65 lbs and is very sturdy. Under the seat base there is 4 mounting holes to bolt it down to a platform if you want.

Game play is :whew: especially with the feedback from the wheel and the pedal resistance. The PS3 unfortunately does not support the shifter so I got used to the paddles. I tried the Live For Speed PC game and there is full adjustability with the shifter and clutch pedal. Next week I should have the gaming pc built, ready to run Forza 4 Horizon and whatever else I can find.

ch1.jpg

ch2.jpg

ch3.jpg

Last edited:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Get a VR headset, thank me later.

If you really want the best experience build a PC and either get a VR headset or build a triple monitor setup.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Been messing with this for the last few days, whole racing level is elevated :ohlawd:

Playseat company is big on diagrams but not worded instructions, if you get the gear shift mount you have to assemble that before you mount the chair to the base. The gearshift mount came with a bunch if allen head pan screws, I hate them because they are soft metal and can easily round the allen part our. Went to Lowes and replaced them with socket head bolts. Everything is high quality and the seat is really comfy, leather on the wheel and shifter. Whole setup weighs in at 60-65 lbs and is very sturdy. Under the seat base there is 4 mounting holes to bolt it down to a platform if you want.

Game play is :whew: especially with the feedback from the wheel and the pedal resistance. The PS3 unfortunately does not support the shifter so I got used to the paddles. I tried the Live For Speed PC game and there is full adjustability with the shifter and clutch pedal. Next week I should have the gaming pc built, ready to run Forza 4 Horizon and whatever else I can find.

ch1.jpg

ch2.jpg

ch3.jpg

I feel you should have an 60-80'' tv for that kinda of setup...:patrice:

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Get a VR headset, thank me later.

If you really want the best experience build a PC and either get a VR headset or build a triple monitor setup.

Co-worker has been bugging me about the VR setup, he has one with his PS4. I have extra pc case that is getting the Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero mb, 48gb of ram, and a GTX GeForce 1060 Windforce 6gb card. I have the same hardware setup in my other pc for photoshop/video with 32gb of ram.

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Co-worker has been bugging me about the VR setup, he has one with his PS4. I have extra pc case that is getting the Ryzen 7 2700X, Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero mb, 48gb of ram, and a GTX GeForce 1060 Windforce 6gb card. I have the same hardware setup in my other pc for photoshop/video with 32gb of ram.
48gb of ram, whose mismatching ram in 2019 :gucci:

If you have all of that don't even bother with a PS5 or another console. Just hook all of this up to your PC play on TV or VR

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
48gb of ram, whose mismatching ram in 2019 :gucci:

If you have all of that don't even bother with a PS5 or another console. Just hook all of this up to your PC play on TV or VR

if the MB will support it I will run two 8gb sticks in 2 channels and two 16's in the other 2 channels, all the sticks will be Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz (PC4-21300).

That's that plan is to have this rig hooked up to the AVR that is connected to the tv, especially since the games are in surround sound. I might still want a PS5 depending on what games they have.

EDIT: Manual says you can mix memory sizes in Channel A and B.

Last edited:

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
I've got the foldable Playseat (Challenge I think it's called?) which is actually surprisingly good and can get tucked away discretely too.

I own a shyt load of driving games, but I pretty much just end up firing up Project Cars 2 and ragging stuff round the Nurburgring every time. :wow::lolbron:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I've got the foldable Playseat (Challenge I think it's called?) which is actually surprisingly good and can get tucked away discretely too.

I own a shyt load of driving games, but I pretty much just end up firing up Project Cars 2 and ragging stuff round the Nurburgring every time. :wow::lolbron:
I hope they refine the shyt out of Project CARS 3. 2 feels wildly inconsistent sometimes. It did give me the most satisfying overtaking experience though. Algarve with Group C cars. I was in the Jag LM Spec in second place. I'd been chasing down first place for a few laps after making a mistake. 2nd to the last lap I was on his ass into turn 1 and 2. We're going into the braking zone for turn 3 and I started to go around the outside. He faded to the left a little and I released some brake pressure and placed the car on the inside :banderas:. Smoothest move I ever made in my life :wow:. Between that Jag and the GT3 NSX, that's just about all I need.