Jussie Smollett to be released from jail pending appeal

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
Brehs, hear me out & think this through, because I know how reactionary a lot of y'all can be, but here goes :francis:

While I will never, ever, downplay racism, oppression based on skin color, white supremacy, and the sh1tty reality it brings to many a doorstep of Black brothas and sistas, never ever forget Cla$$i$m is just as alive, dangerous, ugly, and yields the same sh1t results and injustices.

This wouldn't happen for any of us folk who aren't a part of the rich and famous. We'd be sitting in a cell rotting away with the rest of the prison population. Y'all know it as much as I do.

The saying "All skinfolk ain't kinfolk" exists for a reason. And anyone trying to spin the preferential treatment of this delusional motherfukker as a win for Black people can kiss my Big Black Ass.:francis:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
From what I read, they figured if he stayed locked up, the appeal process might take as long as what he was sentenced for. So if he actually won his appeal, it would be too late since he spent that entire time in jail, rendering it pointless. If he loses his appeal, he’s gonna go right back in.

This is soooo fukken stupid. What does this even mean? If he gets an appeal, does he have to go through another trial. I don't understand any of this shyt.

How the fukk does he have black elite in his pocket? Is he really that famous?

Got the Obamas, Jesse Jackson, Samuel L Jackson copping pleas for him.

Beyonce mother in the mix.

How does he even have money for his lawyers?:mindblown:

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
This is soooo fukken stupid. What does this even mean? If he gets an appeal, does he have to go through another trial. I don't understand any of this shyt.

How the fukk does he have black elite in his pocket? Is he really that famous?

Got the Obamas, Jesse Jackson, Samuel L Jackson copping pleas for him.

Beyonce mother in the mix.

How does he even have money for his lawyers?:mindblown:

BLM got deep pockets

JohnStarksMiddleFinger

Benz L. Bo$$ington
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
I don't understand any of this. How can he appeal?

What the fukk is this?
fukk him and his whole family.

The new prosecutor revoked his original 10k bond

which was the original plea deal.

If the state offers you a deal and you complete the guidelines of the agreement, they can’t double back and demand a different punishment.