Juror doesn't want to convict a 'black man,' forces mistrial

AJaRuleStan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Killa Queens
I thought this was declared an accident. What were they charging dude with?
Second Degree man slaughter; prosecutors claim Sewell knew there was a gas leak after passing out on the Major Deegan Expressway in the Bronx a month before the crash. However, Sewell's lawyers argue there is no evidence to substantiate such a claim. Also, Sewell was driving with no license when the accident occurred.

Imo though, the juror is in wrong if her sole reason for not convicting is just tribalism.

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
This is fantastic. This needs to happen more with black people all over the world.
But this happened in the bronx, really good chance he killed another black person:patrice: how do we feel about that?
Edit: nvm he killed a latina

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
I did it...had jury duty in DC bout 7-8 years ago and saw a youngin bout to go to the big house for selling crack and weed. Got caught and honestly had all evidence needed for a conviction.

Outside the courthouse that first day, the only other black lady on the jury told me, "We can't let them send that young brother to jail" Cuz was in school and everything. Man we made SURE to voice our opinions

Had them cacs in there upset but we didn't care. They was ready to bury cuz too...but he only got found with possession not intent to distribute and other charges.

Only thing shorty did wrong in this case was state it to THEM. Gotta just kinda do those things, don't announce it. But :salute: to her anyway

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought this was declared an accident. What were they charging dude with?
basically his car was leaking gas into the inside of his car because the exhaust was broken. it had happened a month ago and made him pass out behind the wheel. so the same shyt happened again, except this time he hopped onto the sidewalk and killed someone

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
basically his car was leaking gas into the inside of his car because the exhaust was broken. it had happened a month ago and made him pass out behind the wheel. so the same shyt happened again, except this time he hopped onto the sidewalk and killed someone
Maaaan....

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
I did it...had jury duty in DC bout 7-8 years ago and saw a youngin bout to go to the big house for selling crack and weed. Got caught and honestly had all evidence needed for a conviction.

Outside the courthouse that first day, the only other black lady on the jury told me, "We can't let them send that young brother to jail" Cuz was in school and everything. Man we made SURE to voice our opinions

Had them cacs in there upset but we didn't care. They was ready to bury cuz too...but he only got found with possession not intent to distribute and other charges.

Only thing shorty did wrong in this case was state it to THEM. Gotta just kinda do those things, don't announce it. But :salute: to her anyway

So dude got off ??

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
I did this when I had to sit on a jury for attempted murder. I didn't do it b/c he was Black. I did it b/c he clearly did not do what he was bring accused of. He was Black and almost everyone on the jury was Black yet they were ready to send him to jail for the rest of his life off on principal. I won't go into it but it really made realized that a lot of BP really do not like their owe and even more so BM.

Luckily my jury didn't really give a shyt. They got tired of my bytching until they said 'fukk it I wanna go home.' The only reason that man is free today is because I bytched and moaned for 2 hours.

Please stay out the system y'all there is no justice for you there.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Wow, on code. But they will expose her.
Nah, being on code would've been denying her racial prejudice at all cost despite any and all evidence to the contrary. What exactly is the benefit of letting non blacks see your hand, especially when they never show theres' to us? You'll never see a white juror admit to their racial prejudice even tho we know it's true for 75-80% of them. It's the same way I felt about Issa Rae and her comments at whatever awards show. We don't have to show our hands and there's benefit in being deceptive to your competition.

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Hey we need to come up with a reward system to find these type of actions. Once we get better details of the case let's send this woman $500 and publicize it. I will out the 1st $20 on it.

What y'all think?

Gonna make another thread.