Juice 25th Anniversary Apperciation

ChuckTaylor84

Penthouse Player
Supporter
Daps
Classic movie

My favorite part is the house party when Q goes inside the apartment looking for Bishop while Cypress Hill's How Could I Just Kill A Man is playing.

Takes me back to when my sister would throw parties in our apartment and it looked just like it did in the movie.

I miss the 90's

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
This movie marked the beginning of every fat muthafukka I knew at the time tryna call himself a chef and shyt :stopitslime:

Im in preteen mode and this fukkin cat i knew made some canned mackeral and fried it up with that clear trinadadian hot sauce shyt with the root in the bottle

Tried to kill us!!! :mindblown:

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
the juice soundtrack was very dope! To be an east coast setting for the movie, the addition of too $hort , mc pooh & cypress hill surprised me & all 3 songs are nicely positioned in the movie. In fact the all the music in the film is placed so nice in the movie, almost like a co star stealing scenes:

-the iconic laying in bed with cindy from en vogue & q hitting the joint while aaron hall plays is so playa

-bishop & that walk while $hort plays

-salt & papa with a surprise banger while special ed pushes off with raheem's baby mama

-not to mention all the dj scenes

epmd's "it's going down" continued to verify, to me, that they really made some east coast gangster shyt. tammy lucas's sexy voice on "is it good to ya" & son of bazerk's "what could be better bytch" smashing thru..and let's not forget naughty's "uptown anthem", how hard it was but the video, with 2pac in all red, bouncing around thru out..

also, for you non djs, mca records marketed this so vicious with 12' single for every song [they did this also for the movie cb4] I believe hank shocklee executive produced this & did an excellent job
Great post!

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
for those that aren't old enough to understand the full effect of 2pac at the time of his death, this movie captures who he became as a rapper..damn gemini!

curiously, 2pac wasn't on the soundtrack because he shot the movie BEFORE recording his 1st solo album, away from digital underground.
My younger brother is a HUGE Pac fan right.
So our older brother used to fukk with him with the happy go-lucky Digital Underground shyt
But the shyt that used to piss him off was this joint right here from that movie Nothing But Trouble :russ: