Judge Dredd is film of the year

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Netflixed it last night. Definitely a solid flick.

A little surprised they never showed Dredd's face. But I guess that's why Anderson was there.
Karl Urban wanted it that way because thats how it is in the comics. Apparently you never see Dredd's face in the comics. Of course Stallone wasn't going to let that happen in his version...

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Stallones verison was much more enjoyable. This movie was to slow, boring, and dry.
I agree.

Dredd was the worst movie I seen this year. Can't hang with the way old shyt. Why even make robocop next year it will be the same movie. How cheap was filming nearly the whole movie in that lame tower. Raid did that better with less. Not one memorable character

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Karl Urban wanted it that way because thats how it is in the comics. Apparently you never see Dredd's face in the comics. Of course Stallone wasn't going to let that happen in his version...

I don't think it's even up to the actor. I remember an acquaintance who worked for the studios told me Producers like to have a face to let the audience connect with the character. In this case, I'm guessing it was the chick just like it was with V for Vendetta. I think that's why it's been a difficult run to get a Deadpool film.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I don't think it's even up to the actor. I remember an acquaintance who worked for the studios told me Producers like to have a face to let the audience connect with the character. In this case, I'm guessing it was the chick just like it was with V for Vendetta. I think that's why it's been a difficult run to get a Deadpool film.

It was Karl's demand not to take the helmet off. He was not going to take to part otherwise...

http://whatculture.com/film/karl-ur...s-helmet-saying-nothing-about-star-trek-2.php
Q. So is it true your vast knowledge and love of 2000 A.D and the Dredd source material was enough to get you the part?

I was away on holiday when I got an email from my agent telling me they were reviving Judge Dredd and whether I was interested. And as an avid reader of the comics since I was about 17, I said, yes this was definitely something I would be interested in. I was sent the script by (screenwriter, producer) Alex Garland and I thought it was not only honourable to the source material but it was also a wonderful, character-driven story. I had some idea of the creative elements involved and I felt there was a good degree of assurance that it was going to be well-executed. That’s what signaled my interest. We all hopped on planes from opposite sides of the world, they came from London, I came from New Zealand, and we met half-way in LA. We had a frank, open discussion about the script and the character and I had a sense they wanted to be assured I wouldn’t get half way through the film and start demanding scenes. But what sealed the deal was I said I wouldn’t have even bothered taking this meeting if I’d read a script and found scenes where Dredd remove his helmet. That’s not the Dredd I grew up reading and admiring. A couple of days later I got a call from London inviting me to join the party.