Jonathan Nolan (and wife) developing Fallout tv-series at Amazon

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
I do like how the 3 main characters kinda feel like 3 different archetype of players. Lucy is like a first time player, just bumbling through trouble. Maximus gets the lore but is kind of an idiot too. The Ghoul is your cold pro, just blasting through everything and not caring.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I only ever played Fallout 3 years ago but I don't remember vaults being connected to one another like they are here, is that a thing done just for the show?

Every vault is a different experiment. It's highly lore plausible for there to be an experiment where they connect vaults.

The experiment was that this is
One Vault-Tec Management stasis vault, connected to two "Breeding Experiment" vaults.

I took it as kind of a "Dr. Strangelove" reference, when he talks about how people will be selected using "proper breeding techniques" to live in the "mineshafts".

Valt-Tec Vaults are just the "Mineshafts" that they were talking about in that movie.

Come to think of it...I think the show took some of the "Dr. Strangelove" references from the original games and made them more blatant.
For example, the Vault-Tec conference room show in the flashback in Episode 8 was straight out of Dr. Strangelove.

.wasnt expecting BoS vs. NCR. Don’t remember if that’s how it was in NV. Wonder how Enclave is used.

[/spoiler]

I was wondering about the Enclave too. After I finished the show I was thinking it was weird that they seemed to drop most of the references to "The Enclave" after about episode 2.

Then I thought about it some more, and now I'm wondering if Vault-Tec and The Enclave are basically two sides of the same entity (prewar "Military/Industrial Complex"+"The Government") that re-contacted each other and merged after the Vault-Tech guys started
waking up from stasis

That would explain why the ex-Enclave escapee with the chip in his head knew all about who Lucy was and what her specific Vault was used for.
And I guess they either allied with or more likely conquered
The "Mr House" faction in New Vegas

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
Just had to rewatch the finale because i knew there was shyt i missed the 1st time, and i did

This is the 2nd best video game based show or movie after the last of us. Maybe better in certain aspects

I was thinkin....maybe the older black chick who got voted overseer of vault 33s vault might be cooper/ the ghoul' daughter. Just like fallout 4 where u find your kid but hes old by the time u meet him

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Just had to rewatch the finale because i knew there was shyt i missed the 1st time, and i did

This is the 2nd best video game based show or movie after the last of us. Maybe better in certain aspects

I was thinkin....maybe the older black chick who got voted overseer of vault 33s vault might be cooper/ the ghoul' daughter. Just like fallout 4 where u find your kid but hes old by the time u meet him
There was a find your dad storyline in fallout 3, he was stuck in a another vault

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
made these with AI
4VKhD6K.png

SHhvSGN.png

krexzen

All Star
Daps

Not sure if I'm misinterpreting the bold, but...
Betty (the overseer) was the secretary from the flashbacks who introduced Cooper Howard (the ghoul) to young Hank (Lucy's dad)

Also as far as the Season 2:
Season 1 was like a twisted version of Fallout 3. I wonder if season 2 has some parallels with Fallout 4 where the main character is also searching for their child.

Last edited:

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
Not sure if I'm misinterpreting the bold, but...
Betty (the overseer) was the secretary from the flashbacks who introduced Howard (the ghoul) to young Hank (Lucy's day)

Also as far as the Season 2:
Season 1 was like a twisted version of Fallout 3. I wonder if season 2 has some parallels with Fallout 4 where the main character is also searching for their child.
Oh. Ok nm

That makes sense

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
On the last episode now.

This has been fantastic so far.

Never played any of the games.